Archived M Delete v LOCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been instructed to never M delete but to instead back out and locu a location with missing DPCI and then go back into pull. Is that what everyone does or is my store cheating?

Also, if the PDA says pull 5 but there are only 4 should I just say I'm pulling 5 and carry on?

I work on POG not backroom.

Last edited:
Technically it is cheating as locu, while it may fix the problem in the location, it does not fix the team member that made the error in the first place. :(

I still m-delete when I am in a hurry.

Edit: I missed the last question, my backroom team lead says, tell it you pulled 5 to prevent another error.

Last edited:
It is better than m delete because it resets the location starting from scratch. So your counts will be right.

Target wants us all to do this instead of the m delete. My store does it as well, so you are not alone.

When I was Backroom TL, I told my TMs to M-Delete. LOCU just covers up the problem.

It is better than m delete because it resets the location starting from scratch. So your counts will be right.
An M-Deleted location will show up in the audit batch within a day or 2 so the counts get fixed anyways.

I've been instructed to never M delete but to instead back out and locu a location with missing DPCI and then go back into pull. Is that what everyone does or is my store cheating?
A lot of stores do it that way but yes it technically is cheating since it covers up the error and covers up who caused it. We use M-delete and maintain a green BRLA score.

Also, if the PDA says pull 5 but there are only 4 should I just say I'm pulling 5 and carry on?
Double check that there really only is 4 and then key in 4. The system might actually think there's more than 5 in that location, so if you say you pulled 5, it might still think there's more in there anyway. Also, it will mess with the SFQ and cause the system to think the shelf is full when more can actually fit out.

And certain items (like women's clothing, potato chips, bulk pipo items) don't store a quantity when backstocked. So it might be asking for 5 because that's what is needed to fill the floor and it knows that -some- of the item is in the location, but not how many.

Use M-Delete. The store's BRLA will take a hit, but the backroom TL or whoever needs to see that there's a problem instead of having it covered up by a solid green score.

I can see why a leader may not allow M-Delete if a lot of baffles are occurring due to improper usage of M-Delete; however, one could just as easily create a baffle using LOCU by not counting items correctly.

Check out this thread for more info: Banning M-Delete

Technically it is cheating as locu, while it may fix the problem in the location, it does not fix the team member that made the error in the first place. :(

I still m-delete when I am in a hurry.

Edit: I missed the last question, my backroom team lead says, tell it you pulled 5 to prevent another error.
Your brtl must hate your instocks team or something... Why say you pulled five and mess up the on hands, when you can just as easily put four, then it'll essentially erase whatever it thinks is in there. As long as you actually only have four.

I do the audit in my store 80% of the time. I M-Delete all the time because it's what I was trained to do. Also, when you're pulling and a discrepancy comes up with an item count, ALWAYS key the correct amount. Besides it resetting the count it also comes up with the error on the backroom report. You can't fix the issue without knowing who caused it. I've been dealing with a few TMs completely missing counts and combining different products. Gotta fix the issue at the source before the backroom falls apart.

I was told to do locu and that's what I do now though sometimes I think about just doing m-delete. Its a pain in the butt when I'm trying to hurry and get my pog pull and I have to stop and do locu a few times. It was much easier to do m-delete and just keep moving along. I also put in the exact amount I pull even if it's less than what I'm told to pull.

I don't remember being able to toggle at all into LOCU

We were told to never use m-delete, but now I heard from a BR TM today that he was told we are not to LOCU anything. I was just like if we can't m-delete or LOCU, do they expect us to leave batches... lmao. I do use m-delete. I don't like the idea of covering up a problem. We had a few BR TMs retrained because they had a lotttt of baffles. If my BR TL is aware of a problem, it gets fixed.

(I did LOCU once because I didn't feel like opening a bunch of toy boxes to rescan each one to m-delete)

I was there for LRTs. I don't remember being able to toggle to LOCU with those.

edit: To be fair, that was a damn long time ago too. I may just be remembering it wrong.

I was there for LRTs. I don't remember being able to toggle to LOCU with those.

edit: To be fair, that was a damn long time ago too. I may just be remembering it wrong.
You could toggle once they went PDAs it is one of the colored buttons off to the left also shift and I think f7. You can still toggle between a few rf aps. Not that it matters once they moved subt. I still use it to do multiple backroom audits as you can toggle between two pull batches.

When you are pulling you always want to put the number you are pulling. If it's on 4 & it asks for 5 put 4. There might be more locations of that item and it won't take you to it if it thinks you have taken it all. I only mess with those numbers in areas I KNOW it won't piss off. Like onespot. But always put in the correct number you have pulled. If you need more of something & it's in the Waco box you are pulling from and you KNOW you need it you can pull it, but make sure you need it cuz that messes with numbers too.

When does the backroom location score update? I know on Mondays but I thought I heard its available on Sundays or at least part of it ? Can I access it on work bench since I am just a tm? How do I find it on there? I have stumbled on it before but don't remember how I did it

Not sure if it's the same for other stores. My br scores updates every Monday at 8 am.

Look at your Quick Links, click it
Find "My Performance"
Take a look at it, you'll find metrics for the entire store.

I know that I have heard my srtl say something about they start updating on Sunday....he always says tho you cant count on whatever the score is on Sunday cause when it fully updates onMonday it could change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back