Archived Made a mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest who's total was $50 and change and he gave me 100. While I was putting it in he gave me some change so I got confused and wasn't looking at the screen and I accidentally put in 1000 instead of 100. So when it told me to give him his change it said to give him 950. So I gave him 50. And I couldn't find the LOD and basically had a panic attack cause my line was backing up. I was really embarrassed and I'm dreading going to work cause I think someone will bring it up. It's my first week and I'm off to a great start

As long as you give the guest the correct change, you'll be okay. I've made that mistake a couple of times myself.
Don't sweat it and everyone makes silly mistakes when they start off.

a guest gave me 50 cents once and i accidentally put it in as 50 dollars because the guest was distracting me. i gave them the correct change back and no one said anything about it. now let's say the total was $200 and they hand you $50 and want the rest on a credit card, if you accidentally type in $500 dollars the receipt would print out and the computer would prompt you to give the guest $300 back, that would be a problem considering they only gave you $50. but as long as they're only paying in cash and as long as you're paying attention to what you actually owe them then you should be fine if it happens.

now let's say the total was $200 and they hand you $50 and want the rest on a credit card, if you accidentally type in $500 dollars the receipt would print out and the computer would prompt you to give the guest $300 back, that would be a problem considering they only gave you $50. but as long as they're only paying in cash and as long as you're paying attention to what you actually owe them then you should be fine if it happens

And in a situation like that, you would just need to call over the GSA/GSTL and they would post-void the transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back