Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Talk to the etl hr

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Just leave it alone

Votes: 10 17.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of lean toward this. My rules for reporting are if it hurts the store I will report it. If it's something like this, I figure it's not my issue to fix.

While Target does do cash rewards for catching theft. I am not sure this would qualify so there's a part of me that would wonder what do I benefit for outing someone?
Pretty much anything that results in resolution of an internal case should lead to the gift card reward.

Another note. The store leadership or store AP will not be who actually investigates. This type of activity is handled by corporate with support from the investigation center.

Multiple red cards honestly in my opinion wasn't that hard. Our store would grab 30-40 a day, but that was only when they were guaranteed the 5 percent off, no matter what - in there transaction. They ended up getting rid of that rule maybe 5 months ago.

Multiple red cards honestly in my opinion wasn't that hard. Our store would grab 30-40 a day, but that was only when they were guaranteed the 5 percent off, no matter what - in there transaction. They ended up getting rid of that rule maybe 5 months ago.
But that's presumably the entire team getting those 30-40, not a singular TM.

Honestly this is the kind of behavior that made me want to leave the front end as well, we had a TM exactly like that who presumably got terminated. They had a little song and dance that would occasionally work when the GSA/GSTL/ETL-GE was nearby, but once they were out of earshot they'd switch it up to similar behavior you're describing. Talk with AP or jump straight to the Hotline.

Except this activity is exactly what the hotline is for. The original intent of the hotline was to report dishonest activity. It has evolved over the years to cover other issues, but reporting potentially dishonest workers is still the main reason it exists.

I still think they should go to management about it first and then if management doesn't do anything, go for the hotline

Is hotline anonymous? If yes, then what are you afraid of?
The call is recorded & handled by a third party but they can/do play back the recording for the STL.
If a TM makes a complaint to leadership about anything & it's ignored or not taken seriously, it's NOT going to be seen as a coincidence when they get a hotline report about the very thing a TM complained about.
And you can bet - despite what's said about retaliation - the TM who complained will be hauled into an office.
They always say 'Go to your leadership first' but all that does is make it easy for them to ID the caller.
If you're going to rat this fraud out, don't let anyone at your store know.
If that's not compelling enough, then let sleeping dogs lie & hope that Karma gets to them first.

Last edited:
The Hotline would take this extremely seriously because it opens up Target to so much liability

Hot damn, I'm happy if I can get one a shift...Regarding the situation, I'd call the hotline for sure.

If AP hasn't figured it out already, they're holding off on acting for some reason. These types of things should be obvious, so I'd overstep leadership and call the hotline. Leadership typically have questionable morals, and even more questionable if it affects their performance, so going to them is likely going to affect you, regardless of the outcome.

ASANTS on leadership morals but we had a GSTL termed & an ETL asked to leave for looking the other way when the red card queen was getting aps thru deception, identity fraud, having a few friends come in & reapply repeatedly.
Another cashier was threatened by the GSTL when she questioned this woman's tactics.

I would hope that your stores AP is already on it. I know I would be... maybe that's why they are ignoring it? Either way, if I was in your position I would call the hotline.

13307_aehotlinebling2courtesycashmoneyf.jpg

So i have to call the hotline for this, this person is being backed by hr and the stl to be developed for leadership. I have also spoken to a tl im very close with. She reported some sketch activity to the stl, and was ignored, so this is a complete blind eye situation.

they are looking short game. The long game is much higher goals next year after this asshole is long gone. Get on the phone to hotline, and tell them your leadership doesn't care if they are fraudulent as long as they make numbers.

At least you know that AP would have to be looking even if they already are as said above. You would know someone else is looking.

Don't be a Snitch. If your leadership doesn't care why should you? No need to draw attention to yourself

Which is why they shouldn't bother talking to leadership first.
Eventually this TM's questionable methods would trickle down to the OP & other cashiers.
If you tell your leadership you can't match that performance & why, you'll be seen as making excuses rather than taking the high ground; either way OP could find themselves performanced out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back