Archived Management Revolving Door

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many managers (permanent, not visiting) have been with your store since you worked there?

Store opened in 2007, I joined a year later.

Since then we've had

4 STLs
6 HRs
7 HLs
4 OPs
7 GEs
2 SLs
1 Merch (eliminated)
3 APs
15+ Overnight ETLs in 2 positions

Last edited:
2 and a half years

1 ETL-HL (Now ETL-SF)
2 HR-ETL (first one was promoted, new ETL-HR was our ETL-SL)
2 ETL-GE (First one was promoted to STL)
2 STL (First one was promoted to DTL)
3 ETL-AP
3 ETL-LOG

10 months

2 STLs. First one was on LOA when I was hired, passed away a few months later due to illness :(. Never met him, but I heard he was a cool guy
1 ETL-HR
2 ETL-AP. First one was termed for losing a set of keys (and partly because the new STL didn't like him)
1 ETL-HL
2 ETL-SL, first one transferred to another store because she started dating a Sr. TL
1 ETL-GE
1 ETL-LOG

Going on 4 years. A+ volume P-Fresh, org chart 5 with overnight process.

3 STLs
1 ETL-HR
1 ETL-AP
4 ETL-GE (waiting on #5 to arrive)
1 ETL-Hardlines 1
3 ETL-Hardlines 2 (position was eliminated as per AE14, now we only have 1)
2 ETL-Softlines
2 ETL-Logistics
2 ETL-Replenishment (position was eliminated as per AE14)
1 ETL-Ops (new position as per AE14)
1 ETL-Rx

My store has not had 18 different ETLs since I was hired. This includes ETLs who were in multiple positions at my store, the details of which would give me away.

Let's see

3 years

3 STLs
3 ETL-HRs
2 ETL-APs (the first one left like 6 month after I first started and we've had #2 since then)
5 ETL-Hardlines
4 ETL-Softlines
4 ETL-GE
1 ETL-Rx (Same guy since I started)
I don't know anything about ETL-Log/Receiving

In my nearly ten months of employment, my store has lost:
1 STL
1 ETL
1 HR-ETL
2 HL-TL
1 FLOW-TL
1 AP-TL

That's all I can think of right now. There could be one or two more I'm forgetting about. We've lost three Team Leads in under a month.

In 1.5 years my store went through:

1 HR,
3 Logs,
2 replenishment,
3 GE,
2 SL,
1 AP,
And 3 STL.

Some were fired for stealing, one for being horrible, most went on to better jobs.

In 1 year at the RDC (just on one shift, mind you):
4 OB GLs
3 MBP GLs
2 FacOps GLs
3 Warehouse GLs
2 SGLs
1 HRBP
1GM...and a partridge in a pear tree...

I don't think we had a ETL-HR when I started working here 1.5 years ago.

Since then we hired a ETL-HR, and changed STL's.

We have a ETL-GE and ETL-LOG, but they were both there when I started.

I'll hit 3 years next month. In that time...
3 STLs
3 ETL-LOGs
3 ETL-HR
3 ETL-GE
4 Sr-TLs
I've lost count of how many times the guards have changed up front with GSA/GSTL since then, between 5 and 7 total.
And we just recently lost another 2 team leads because of AE14. There are only two TLs left that were there when I started.

So we've basically had an entirely fresh leadership staff each year. We just got a new ETL-GE and we're still waiting on our new ETL-LOG. Our current STL is only in month 4 or 5 here.

I've been here for two years. The stl, ETL ge, ETL hr, ETL ap (that one was promoted), a gstl, ETL log have all been replaced. ETL log has been replaced twice (once because of a transfer). And the ETL hl's position was eliminated, but he quit first. And one TL was fired and never replaced last year.

The ones I didn't elaborate on were due to firings and "resignations" (I suspect they were preempting firings).

Store opened in 2008, I joined in 2011. I'm my 3 years:

2 STLs (including current)
4 ETL - Log (including current)
2 ETL - HL (current ETL - Log moved to the truck after last ETL walked out, now merged with SL for total Slsflr)
3 ETL - SL (see above, including current)
2 ETL - HR (including current)

I've been at my store about 7 years.

4 STLs
4 ETL-HR
3 ETL-AP (Position eliminated and replaced with APTL)
4 ETL-GE/Salesfloor
4 ETL-LOG
1 ETL-RX

I've lost count of the number of TLs we have lost in the seven years I have been at my store. Over just the past year I am the only TL to not have left or transferred out of the 10 that we had, and we now only have 5 TLs total per AE14.

Our store was stable for about 18 months, now management is moving around all over the place - different stores, quitting, getting fired.. I don't like it.. Without stability, you can't have effectiveness. We used to be a top performing store.. Now we try to tread water on a daily basis

I've been at my store 2 years, and we're on our:
2nd STL
3rd ETL-Salesfloor
3rd ETL-logistics
2nd ETL-HR
3rd ETL-Rx
(In my time, I've seen 7 TLs leave).

I've been with the company 6 years total and the amount of leaders swapping/exiting out has been staggering. Except for my STL, he hasn't gone anywhere. Sadly the moron/bootlickers have squatted around the longest while all of the actual functional ETLs escaped to better jobs. I miss my flow etl the most, she was an absolute ...beast... but by god she worked her ass off and expected her team to pull as much weight. She never lied, she never played favorites, and she fought for our team like a maniac.

I was at Target for a year, just about the first year the store was open (I started a month after opening). Within the first year the store lost:
1 TL SL
1 TL HL
1TL Food Ave(fired)
1 TL Starbucks
1 ETL GE (fired)
1 STL

Technically the ETL HR is different, but that's because the old one got promoted to STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back