Archived Manager approval for large amount of gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 100% telling the truth. No troll attempt and no bullshit. I was concerned about my grandmother. Despite what you may think I actually do have a conscience and care about people particularly my grandparents. I genuinely felt bad and sorry for my grandmother that she could be taken advantage of so easily.

Given your history, your unimportant details in the story, and no clear question, make me think otherwise.

You can call the McKinney police department if you think I'm lying.

I might actually do that since I worked fraud before.

I like NPC idea and post the report. You can black out last names, addresses or birth dates

Last edited:
My question was that why didn't the cashier get a manager to approve the transaction and ask questions about "oh hey, why are you buying 4000 dollars worth of visa prepaid gift cards"?

Right. Hence, why did you include so much useless information? What would an answer to your question do? You're so full of shit.

My question was that why didn't the cashier get a manager to approve the transaction and ask questions about "oh hey, why are you buying 4000 dollars worth of visa prepaid gift cards"?

Yes its a fucking shame, Nana Jake got scammed. Maybe the cashier working should have alerted the GSA or GSTL but at the same time be accountable for your own actions. If someone told me if I ordered 50 pizzas and that I get reimbursed for them, I wouldn't do it until I saw Ca$h. Hell my grandmother who watched CNN every day knew if someone called s saying your grandchild is in jail she still wouldn't bail us out until she spoke with someone about it 1st ro verify it's legit. Sounds like Nana falls from the same fucking tree

Damn, you guys are some of the most heartless cold arrogant scallywags I've encountered. I'm not surprised at all because like I have said several times you live in a clique that is in a tiny bubble.

You just now realized all of this?

First off, I just took a dump so I'm not full of shit. Second, Target particularly AP should have questioned my grandmother about the gift card purchases. Third, the police station is literally right by the Target in McKinney.

If this were real, while it would be nice if Target was 100% efficient in stopping fraud, fact of the matter is, there's no reason a customer can't buy a gift card for a few thousand dollars. POS stops at $5k per card. She got a cashier who wasn't savy to theft. It sucks. What do you want? Sorry you can't get money for china.

You are full of shit, unless you prove otherwise.

If a customer buys a certain dollar amount of gift cards, does a manager have to approve the transaction? I'm only asking because my grandmother sadly got scammed by someone phone and actually went to a Target store and bought about $4000 dollars worth of the Visa prepaid gift cards. The person on the phone apparently scammed her by saying that they were the FBI and had one of her grandchildren in jail and the bail was $4000 dollars. She made the big mistake by saying my brother's name on the phone so the scammer went with it and used that information to scam her. They called the cops and my brother went over to calm them down since he was never in jail and the cops said my brother and grandma weren't at fault. Now shitty Capital One is saying that both my grandma and my brother are responsible for this. My grandma is like 76 years old and has a pace maker. She had no idea that scams like this exist. If you really think about it, the scammer could have caused physical harm to my grandmother by getting her heart racing and causing her to have a heart attack since she has a pacemaker.

I know that my grandma should have known better but in a way, shouldn't the cashier that let my grandma buy $4000 dollars worth of gift cards informed a manager of the big purchase?

I would think that large purchases of gift cards would send red flags to AP and the ETL and STL. I would also think that the cash register wouldn't even allow the transaction to go through without an ETL's approval.

I told my brother and grandma that if Capital One gives them more shit that they need to go to FOX 4 in Dallas and bitch about it. I'm pretty sure people would be on the side of a 76 year old grandma with a pacemaker than shitty Capital One.

With all of that being said, I felt really bad for my grandma. She was taken advantage of and embarrassed simply because she was naïve and thought she was doing the right thing.

I'm hoping that the thing dies down because my grandmother's brother passed away last month and now both of her 2 siblings are passed away since her sister passed away a long time ago. She doesn't need more stress and drama.

I believe you. Shit like this happens all the time. It could be the guy went to different checklanes. Personally if someone buys more than $300 worth of Visa giftcard I ususally ask for their ID.

I believe you. Shit like this happens all the time. It could be the guy went to different checklanes. Personally if someone buys more than $300 worth of Visa giftcard I ususally ask for their ID.

The OP is a troll.

His grandmother bought them.....

Honestly, this just reeks of, "I'm going to start a Fundraiser for my grandma, and then keep the money for myself."

At the end of the day, I know what's true and what isn't. Choose to believe me or not. It doesn't matter.

About my trip to China, I will probably call some of you out in a couple of the pictures I take while I'm in China. My trip is already paid for. I bought the plane ticket back in April and my parents and other relatives pitched in to help me get a hotel as birthday present in May so nope.

YOU LOSE! I WIN!

There is no winners or losers...ok just losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back