Archived Managers seem scared to manage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store seems to contain managers who wear the title and policy of a Target ETL/TL, but many of them often don't want to execute their authority on the people that should be controlled. Instead they direct their efforts to over ordering the good workers to the point of burn out.

I've seen folks walk away from isles. I've seen folks on their phones. I've seen things that if I had done them would have gotten me fired.

Is it that I'm different that I get treated that way over the more lazier folks?

My store seems to contain managers who wear the title and policy of a Target ETL/TL, but many of them often don't want to execute their authority on the people that should be controlled. Instead they direct their efforts to over ordering the good workers to the point of burn out.

I've seen folks walk away from isles. I've seen folks on their phones. I've seen things that if I had done them would have gotten me fired.

Is it that I'm different that I get treated that way over the more lazier folks?

You would be surprised how much the good slackers can get away with.... don't assume that just because you see TMs playing with their cell phones that the ETLs also see it.... There have been TMs I worked with in the past that were so good at slacking without letting ETLs see them that they could get away with damn near anything.

Its because usually the lazy people are the complainers/trouble makers and it is a headache to deal with them. So usually etls/tls will baby them and make sure everything is ok so they dont call the hotline, etc. The people who actually work hard are pushed even harder. Not fair, not right but thats just how target is. Seen it in every store I have worked at!

Easy, Target doesn't hire anything but a pretty smile and a BA for ETLs anymore. They aren't looking for managers, they're looking for someone to convey their messages. With that, there's no desire for the company to hire ETLs who will stand up to adversity and not avoid conflict. Quite simply, its easier to boss around the team members who are pushovers than the ones who are inviting the conflict. Those people who are using their phones on the floor and such know what they're doing is wrong, but at the same time they know the ETLs aren't going to stand up to them. The team members who are more concerned with following the rules are the ones the ETLs can safely feel like they can confront without conflict and hence the reason they are held more accountable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back