Archived Mannequin Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this guy was the lucky candidate who was chosen to do the overnight for the mannequin installation. The one who has zero softlines experience. lol. Anyways, I'm bringing in a fairly large team of brand, softlines, instocks, and presentation team members who know the ins and outs of softlines. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Obviously not all stores are the same, but is there anything that made your install easier?

So this guy was the lucky candidate who was chosen to do the overnight for the mannequin installation. The one who has zero softlines experience. lol. Anyways, I'm bringing in a fairly large team of brand, softlines, instocks, and presentation team members who know the ins and outs of softlines. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations? Obviously not all stores are the same, but is there anything that made your install easier?
Don't put them together untill you are ready to dress them. Dress and install one step. Have the outfits ready to go.

For the love of God make sure the contractors put the mannequins in the right spot. This guy who smelled drunk told me the map showed our mannequins Directly in front of our Fitting room operator desk. Like, you'd have to walk around them to get into the fitting room.

Have the outfits ready and labeled too

ASANTS-My store went through the "dummy" installation a couple weeks ago. Although, I was skeptical they do look nice. I wasn't part of the installation or overnight when they did it. However, I am still dealing with the after math (softlines bs ). Make sure your back room team is prepared for lots of backstock ( ie folded clothes) Make sure to place the backstock as neatly as possible in repacks and label them, ie Boys bs , girls bs etc...IF your br tl, log etl, could get together and game plan before hand that would help a lot .( Ie, purging out to make room for the new bs etc)

Not sure our runways are in the right place still. Cause it shows them different on the adjacencies. One girl in softlines was setting the adjacency once and said. ... We need to move the runways and metal rectangles above. I'm like ... Nope, not doing it. If you want them moved, have at it.

DO NOT THROW AWAY THE PAINT. You can't order it. Because #vibe :rolleyes:

One of these days my PMT is gonna have to run to lowes and try to color match a spare arm or something...

Not sure our runways are in the right place still. Cause it shows them different on the adjacencies. One girl in softlines was setting the adjacency once and said. ... We need to move the runways and metal rectangles above. I'm like ... Nope, not doing it. If you want them moved, have at it.

We've moved ours 2-3 times. Our first reset.. our dumb sltl completely missed a row in the middle of the department and we had to shift EVERYTHING, our basic aisles, our runways, everything and add a new row front to back.

You will be losing lots of fixtures like racks and tables. Make sure they keep the good ones and toss the bad ones.

Chuckling at the image of a PMT walking into Lowe's with an arm slung over his shoulder....
Its the next building over. Every year or so we get a new ETL or STL who calls for his location and he answers "Lowes-just heading to checkout can I get back to you" and they just get this confused look on their faces. Can't use a walkie in the freezer, but it can get him all the way across the other building....

Has anybody noticed the stores looking more trashed since the mannequins arrived? It's really a weird thing, but our guests have been out of control in terms of tossing softlines around ever since they went up. I thought maybe I was the only one who felt that way, but everybody is talking about it. We can't figure it out.

Has anybody noticed the stores looking more trashed since the mannequins arrived? It's really a weird thing, but our guests have been out of control in terms of tossing softlines around ever since they went up. I thought maybe I was the only one who felt that way, but everybody is talking about it. We can't figure it out.
Its not because of the mannequins. Its because our guests have no decency and probably came from wal mart/ k mart.

Every store has it's own map for the mannequin set up because every store's softlines dept is not set up the same way. For instance, we have an aisle to the backroom bisecting one department and that has thrown us off an entire row in the VA book but the mannequins are in the right place according to the designated map sent at the time of the setup. As long as they match that map, that's what you go with and if you have to jerry rig the VA a little bit to make it work then do it. Just make sure your call outs or focals in the front two rows are set as close to correct as possible. ;)

I adore our mannequins but for the love of all that is holy, can we please clean up softlines?!?! It looks like a category 15 storm tore through the place since they started the reset! We'd need a dedicated zoner around the clock for a week to tackle this nightmare!! It makes me so sad to see it such a mess when the reset as a whole looks so awesome! :(

I had to share this again. I posted elsewhere but it probably belongs here. A guest decided our mannequin needed some some enhancements:

Target Mess3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back