Archived Mannequins

Status
Not open for further replies.

RXninja

Now only in Pharmacy flavor!
Came to work this morning and there is a sign up sheet by the time clock for putting together Mannequins! Does anyone else have this rolling out in their stores? I am just wondering where the heck they will put them since our softlines is always crowded with overflowing racks of clothing.

Today the girls in Softlines spent the day taking down all the billboards I put up not three weeks ago because they said we were going to be getting mannequins soon. That was the first I heard of it.

My store already has the mannequins set in store. They will remove and condense a lot of the racks to make room for the mannequins. For our store it was a two day process for the construction crew to assemble all the fixtures.

Today the girls in Softlines spent the day taking down all the billboards I put up not three weeks ago because they said we were going to be getting mannequins soon. That was the first I heard of it.

Once the stuff is set it will be worth it. Less billboards is a good thing, less work in the long run. Plus less chance of me getting hit in the face.

Came to work this morning and there is a sign up sheet by the time clock for putting together Mannequins! Does anyone else have this rolling out in their stores? I am just wondering where the heck they will put them since our softlines is always crowded with overflowing racks of clothing.
You and I are the chosen ones! (and others) for this mannequin rollout. I got my packet of papers. My ETL made copies for me. I'm excited!

My paperwork says to take down the billboards on the first overnight! Not before.

Our sign-ups said they go up overnight Feb 2nd and 3rd in our store.

Volunteering for that—yeah right.

My paperwork says to take down the billboards on the first overnight! Not before.

I am glad they're getting rid of those billboards. One fell down and almost hit a TM, she moved about 30 seconds before it came crashing down!

I can't tell if I like this idea or not. My last job had them and they were freaking annoying when people wanted to "try that size" so you'd strip them, find something else to dress them in and then they wouldn't even want it. -_-

I always suggest they try the same size in a different color before I take the clothes off. Dressing the mannequins is a two man job, though and sometimes we don't have two people, lately. So, I'm hoping no one wants a mannequin outfit until the hours go back up.

From a shopper POV, I like the mannequins, though. Sometimes I'll see something on the hanger and I'm just meh about it. Then they put it on the mannequin and it takes shape and looks great. I guess this would be why they're making the change.

The new look with the mannequins is awesome. And the new baby section design is nice. It was a nice improvement for some of the stores in the district. Probably a waste of money but it adds some class.

We're getting mannequins in our store. My TL told me I was going to be part of the team for taking care of them. Yay I guess. Do they have specific outfits they're supposed to wear? I only ask because our store is notorious about not getting a lot of stuff back in once it sells out so I'm hoping there's some flexibility with that.

There's a book with the outfits in it, and it also has backup outfits for if you run out of something. We don't usually stop to look at it after giving a guest an item, though. We just put the same thing on it in a different color.

The new look with the mannequins is awesome. And the new baby section design is nice. It was a nice improvement for some of the stores in the district. Probably a waste of money but it adds some class.

But that is the point. We should be making decisions because it is adding sales per square foot, not because it "looks cool" to do it. Either mannequins are a net increase to softlines sales or they are a net decrease once all is said and done, and that is how we should decide to keep them or not.

I would just think there are other things Spot could/should be spending money on. I don't see where having the mannequins will do any good for sales...if softlines is a hot mess because the sales floor isn't getting enough hours to keep it zoned.

Last edited:
I can't tell if I like this idea or not. My last job had them and they were freaking annoying when people wanted to "try that size" so you'd strip them, find something else to dress them in and then they wouldn't even want it. -_-

I always suggest they try the same size in a different color before I take the clothes off. Dressing the mannequins is a two man job, though and sometimes we don't have two people, lately. So, I'm hoping no one wants a mannequin outfit until the hours go back up.

Don't forget to steam them so they don't have fold marks!

Stores setting this month. Has any one got their mannequins? I'm less then a week away from from set date and I still haven't recieved anything. Could it be from port shutdown?

We've had these for awhile now. We actually got them shortly after Gregg left the company.

It takes a bit to get used to, but now I'd think it was weird if we DIDN'T have mannequins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back