Manually changing street date?

I was terminated for "conspiring to break policy" and I might have maybe possibly kinda asked a new electronics team member to unlock the electronics room for me so I could get something for OPU.. long story short, the CD was not in there and I wasn't supposed to be there

My friend, I don't know where to start with you.
I'm going to begin under the assumption you aren't smart enough to be playing this as some kind of massive troll, and if you are, good job, and fuck off.

So the reason they gave you, "conspiracy to break policy", what it really meant was, you were too immature for them to want to keep working with you.
It shines through in every one of your posts.
And in how you seemed to think that two people, the ETL and AP, who had no reason in the fucking world to want the best for you, would turn a blind eye to your outrageous behavior.

Take it from your Uncle Commie, get your head out of your posterior and listen to the advice people here are giving you.
Don't get defensive, just accept that they have lived a few years longer than you and accomplished a shitload more.

When a company says, don't put this out until a certain date... don't think "I am a special flower, so I should be able to get it sooner."
Just do you damned job and don't try to make other people complicit in your narcissism.

I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing young, really, really , really, young.
So brush your ass off and learn something from this.
Fly straight and don't be stupid.
Next time, if you ask for fucking advice, listen to people who know better.

And if you want to take this advice personally and get snotty about it... remember my last post.
I said you hadn't gotten annoying yet.
Don't make me get out the hammer.

Last edited:
When I went through orientation at our store (I've been with target in excess of three years), our trainer was very clear about the importance of this. At the time, I think the term "Embargoed Merchandise" was used. We were told this was a very, very serious violation, particularly as it included not only "street-dated" specialty items like music/video/Disney but also recalled products. I wish they still used the term "Embargoed" because it does have a more serious sound than "street-dated".

Target needs to be more thorough at training new TMs (regardless of where they work in the store or DC) about "Embargoed Merchandise". They sure were back when I went through orientation. It seems like this is being left out of current training.

Sometimes Embargoed Items are inadvertently pushed out to the sales floor. It is NOT intentional. It is a mistake. Therefore, it's absolutely imperative that the Guest Advocate (Cashier) has to take a hard line on this. If the guest brings up an "Embargoed" item, the screen brings up an unmistakeable warning NOT TO SELL THE MERCHANDISE, notify a supervisor and they'll have the stuff yanked off the sales floor ASAP.

I've had some guests get really nasty about this, and we must take a hard line on this. On very rare occasions when the guest or their kids are behaving like a PIA - this doesn't happen often - I will point-blank tell the guests that it's a legal matter with Target of some sort of other, the item was put on the sales floor in error, I'm prohibited from allowing the sale as it's a fireable offense.

This is semi-related, but if this is the wrong place, tell me and I'll delete it.

Has anyone had an issue with items being street-dated but still ringing up at the register? What is the policy with that? Since they ring up can they be sold, or should you wait until the street date?

This is semi-related, but if this is the wrong place, tell me and I'll delete it.

Has anyone had an issue with items being street-dated but still ringing up at the register? What is the policy with that? Since they ring up can they be sold, or should you wait until the street date?
Usually this happens when the items street date was recently removed. myDevice updates slowly, registers update fast. The best thing to do is to find elsewhere on target.com and if the item is purchasable I would say go for it.

Street dates are "subject to change" and can become available to sell before or after the original street date. These changes are usually posted on Workbench. Call your ETL and ask if anything was posted, and if it wasn't, ask them how to proceed (sell it or not).

Last edited:
This item has said this street-date for almost 3 weeks. My AP said to do a mysupport, which I got no response on. But one of my TLs said to just put it on the floor and to let it sell. Is that an ok response? I don't want to get in trouble for putting out a supposedly street-dated item.

This item has said this street-date for almost 3 weeks. My AP said to do a mysupport, which I got no response on. But one of my TLs said to just put it on the floor and to let it sell. Is that an ok response? I don't want to get in trouble for putting out a supposedly street-dated item.
POS won't sell it. you're setting guest advocates up for failure. talk to your ETL

No. The POS will sell it. That's the problem. I have backstocked the item and killed capacity on the floor but it is just sitting in back now. I never got an mysupport answer. It says it has a street-date but the register lets it sell. I don't know what store policy in this situation would be.

No. The POS will sell it. That's the problem. I have backstocked the item and killed capacity on the floor but it is just sitting in back now. I never got an mysupport answer. It says it has a street-date but the register lets it sell. I don't know what store policy in this situation would be.
Oh in that case get with your etl

If it's also past the set date that is a good indication that the street date was just a placeholder and was removed. It's only ever so often that something is street dated after a pogs set date. Our baby yoda stuff was street dated but we put them on the shelf because the registers would sell it and it was past the set date and "official" release from star wars.

This item is street-dated for August 1st. It set on an endcap a month ago. Does that mean it shouldn't be street-dated anymore?

Back