Market out of dates

Since modernization has started how bad has your out of dates become? I have found a lot more than we use to have but today I found items on the floor that expired 2 years ago.

I love how the push time for 25 cases of market = push time for 25 cases of toys etc
Its like they are telling us, don’t fifo, and we don’t, cause that’s what they are telling us.

I love how the push time for 25 cases of market = push time for 25 cases of toys etc
Its like they are telling us, don’t fifo, and we don’t, cause that’s what they are telling us.

"You better get that done in the marked time! But make sure you FIFO!"

Said as we have 3x as many food as toy...like do they sniff their own Koolaid? They must know it's impossible.

March 3, 2018.

Routinely find stuff expired by 3 to 4 months. no longer do I even bother any one about unlocated product in the back; to common an occurrence. Planograms that have not been correct on the floor for over a year. constantly overstocked vendor product………

yeah everything that can go wrong has happened, is happening and will continue to happen.

ooooh almost forgot the fuzzy summer sausage that had a bit of a smell to it. Also the fuzz had this nice gray green color to it. and yes it was on the sales floor.

-- EDIT --

one ≠ on

Last edited:
I found cockroach droppings 6 months ago on the shelves in market. Told my TL & ETL, more than once. Told the PTM too, who told me he no longer handles that & to tell my TL. I did. Three times. Stopped mentioning it or caring cuz he just got annoyed with me bugging him. Had to laugh when I did the food safety training last month & it covered what to do if you find evidence of any.What a joke.

Back