Masks and overheating

Hi all,
Yesterday I was in depal and was throwing pallet after pallet of detergent and water. Yikes. My partner pulled his mask down under his chin. I did the same, and eventually felt so hot I took mine off. We were working very hard and the masks were becoming problematic, but we were understaffed (call-outs of course) and wanted to crunch out numbers. I was then approached by a leader and, although he was incredibly understanding, I was told I needed to wear my mask anyway.
I am worried about what the hotter days will look like... Anyone else having problems with their mask and the heat?? 😣

Last edited:
You could try one of the sport masks that are made for working out. Reebok, Adidas, Under armour, etc make them. Some at my store use them and say they are better. (Of course, we aren't getting the workout you are at a DC).

This is where one needs to bring back the material they had when everything first started about how they understand you may need to stop take a breather and to go wash your hands which is encouraged etc and how they have to cater to that due to the fact they are requiring us to wear something that restricts breathing for medical reasons and that if you don't feel safe working you can leave and not be punished.

This is from the group "training" they had read out loud so nobody had any documentation to fall back on for proof.

You could try one of the sport masks that are made for working out. Reebok, Adidas, Under armour, etc make them. Some at my store use them and say they are better. (Of course, we aren't getting the workout you are at a DC).
All in Motion also has masks that are sold in store that you could try.

I’ve seen a few people at my DC wearing face shields instead of masks, that may be a better option.
The masks are a no-go for me. Worked an OT shift with an underarmor mask I bought today and the heavy freight had me pulling it below my nose. Will probably still use it running errands (it's very cute, how could I not? 😉). I think I'll invest in a face shield for work though. Hoping that helps! :) Thanks!

Double check that they will allow a face shield. They have been disallowed in stores.

The masks are a no-go for me. Worked an OT shift with an underarmor mask I bought today and the heavy freight had me pulling it below my nose. Will probably still use it running errands (it's very cute, how could I not? 😉). I think I'll invest in a face shield for work though. Hoping that helps! :) Thanks!
As others said, def ask first. I know they changed rules a little while back that we couldn’t use masks with valves, couldn’t use gaiters unless you wore 2, etc. Face shields could’ve been part of that.

As others said, def ask first. I know they changed rules a little while back that we couldn’t use masks with valves, couldn’t use gaiters unless you wore 2, etc. Face shields could’ve been part of that.

They have the mask policy posted all over our DC with the important tidbits highlighted. All I remember reading is 3 layer masks even though the masks they give out are just one layer and the ones with the target logo they gave out are only 2. Our SOM and Director both wear a gaiter. Seems like every DC policy varies depending on who's managing at the time.

The policy is two layer masks in the training and gaitors are allowed as long as they are double layered.

There is also documentation its in covid 19 prevention training in workday. I have to redo it with my team. There's a section specifically related to heat.

I'm sure as more people get vaccinated and Covid infections rates go down further there'll be more changes. For a while our building had so few infections last summer they allowed people to pull the mask down as long as they weren't within 6 feet. But then people abused it covid went rampant through our building and now its masks at all times except break.

at my dc they dont care much. other than that you have it on. very few people actually have it covering their nose while doing intense work, and even the GM of the building will walk by and not say anything. This is TX though which has a more lax culture about masks to begin with than many states (Gov Abbot lifted the state mask mandate a month ago, though of course tgt still has theirs)

also i have a cloth mask which i dont think fits the two layer policy, but again nobody really cares. It's sort of wink wink understood that the mask regulations are not enforced (again, other than having them on and somewhat near the mouth). If anything was said to me, I plan to plead ignorance if ever confronted but I'm sure I wont be "but I thought this was two layers of cloth? It isn't? huh". The exception I could see is if you arent wearing a mask AT ALL, I could def see getting a CA for that since its such a cut and dried rule.

here they claim the blue disposable masks they give out fit the two layer policy. personally i dont like those blue masks because they fit too tight and hurt my ears.

You guys don’t do the mask exemption? Hell most of us don’t wear masks at all, haven’t for months. Even a few OM’s don’t wear them.

Back