Masks no longer required for TM?

I had a TL tell me today they could no longer enforce the mask rule for TMs. From SD, its been passed down they can no longer do CA for not wearing a mask. So they can only ask you to wear one but technically can't punish you for not wearing one.

Anyone else hear this?

It just makes me really uncomfortable that my TLs won't be enforcing masks anymore. I know they won't care now if this is true.

The TL basically didnt care my coworkers werent wearing their masks. Like "nothing I can do, sorry"

In the warehouse I work at they said mask are ppe so it required to be wear all time. Until the covid 19 has run it course or a vaccine is made.

That's bullshit. I would be throwing a fit. Our store has been monitored by corporate. As a result we must immediately put mask on then punch and go to locker. I call people out when in the back surrounded by team members and the same 2 people have mask under their nose. I don't care what you do when you are by yourself but I will continue to ask them to pull their mask up. In the great state of New York it is mandated and has been forever.

Even if there is no state mandate a private business can make its own rules. There are no laws that you have to wear shoes but businesses can require it of both their employees and customers/guests. obviously there is no state mandate to wear jeans or khaki's at work but Target can make it their policy for employees, etc.

Personally I would consider calling the integrity hotline to complain that Target isn't protecting the safety of employees and guests if they don't require it.

Last I checked, the whole mask enforcement guest service announces every hour or so isn't optional, you can damn well bet tm mask arnt either. Your tl is not doing their job, contact hr or get the hotline.

Last I checked, the whole mask enforcement guest service announces every hour or so isn't optional, you can damn well bet tm mask arnt either. Your tl is not doing their job, contact hr or get the hotline.
Think my store did those overhead announcements once, ever.

I’m supposed to read our announcements but I haven’t in a while unless we have visitors, or I feel like startling the Team 🙃

Back