Archived Massive drop in hours and more demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as of the latest schedule my co workers and I are down to 23 hours to run our department. On top of that the DM decided that our case is not full enough for the 4 o'clock dinner rush. We have 1 person for production, they get 5.5 hours tops to produce, then somehow its up to the closer to produce and help guests, keep hot case filled, ring guests out, clean, and do temps. All while filling up the case.
I wonder do any other deli members have to deal with this, and under such limited time?

I don't understand. It's not like we need a million people working at once.

Add 8 extra cashier hours, 8 HL, 8 SL, 8 logistics. That's 32 extra hours. Round it to 10 dollars an hour which is a high estimate and you get 320 dollars of extra payroll. If 320 dollars causes the store to drop into the red then I don't think our store should exist in the first place.

(These figures are for my low volume store, adjust as needed)

I'll bet there's an underperforming department in your store which has been gifted your hours. Happening to my food teams for the last couple of months.

So as of the latest schedule my co workers and I are down to 23 hours to run our department. On top of that the DM decided that our case is not full enough for the 4 o'clock dinner rush. We have 1 person for production, they get 5.5 hours tops to produce, then somehow its up to the closer to produce and help guests, keep hot case filled, ring guests out, clean, and do temps. All while filling up the case.
I wonder do any other deli members have to deal with this, and under such limited time?

Corporate can & will continue to decimate the staff until they start to get negative feedback from customers.

The stores can fall apart and they won't care as long as the customers still think big box retailer Walmart is evil but big box retailer Target is different.

Exactly! I often look at Target's FB to look at guests negative comments. There are so many I agree with! A lot of people hate Flow stocking during open hours, but until a shit ton of people complain about, Spot will continue to schedule them at 6am just to not pay that shift differential.

I feel every area has been gutted of hours. I used to be able to zone 3 areas of softlines with no problem, but now they schedule no one during the day, which means closers have 2x as much work between go backs and sorting the Fitting Room. They use FR hours at night so they can have a closer, I'm amazed when we have someone scheduled in FR during the day.

What scope of time is that 23 hours expected to cover? Deli gets more hours than anyone in the 'food' group at my store (consumables included) as I'm sure a lot of that is allocated to production. If it's per day, that sounds like it's more than us.

So as of right now we have 3 team members working each day. we have morning production 6-11:30, Mid 10-3:30, and closer 3:30 to 9:30. Now it has gotten to where the expect it to be fresh and full at 9 and 4. While we still have trucks to do, guest to service on slicers, hot case to be full, and ring guest out at the register. Basically, the focus in on the sandwich and salad case. Which is all well, and good, but it forces us to ignore other ares, and have the stockroom overflowing with product that could be sold only if it was on the shelf.
Then since we have no team lead, that hit us right in the nuts. We lost all sense of team work, and very unhappy and frustrated team members. Then on top of that the bakery/deli team lead is out for 3 months due to surgery, and that hurts us too. Not that they were a part of the deli, because they never work over on our side. I don't know I walk into grocery stores that have 5-6 people working in their deli, yet we are lucky to have 3 with very little cross-over.

Ive have been looking to remove myself from the mess, because mentally it is wearing me down, which in turn is physically beating me down.

I hope to hear from other deli people to see what they deal with in their store.

I believe this is corp wide. Our DTL has his main focus on payroll more so than I've seen with our previous DTL. Our store missed payroll, and we had to cancel trucks to at least try to recoup. According to store vets, this is the first time they've seen this happen.

Right now our TMs on flow (Exception of some BR vets) now have 20 hours. That is not even close to being enough for our trucks. Our ETL is stressing the hell out and shit is really starting to hit the fan. On top of all of this, they're trying to get new TMs on for the dreaded holidays coming in fast.

TL;DR: We're all fucked.

We had a truck but everyone was sent home because of no hours. All they did was have hardlines push it all Saturday and Sunday. We found out yesterday the STL is writing the schedules now and my ETL said its because she's banking hours for a bonus and that she's mad she didn't get one last time.

We had a truck but everyone was sent home because of no hours. All they did was have hardlines push it all Saturday and Sunday. We found out yesterday the STL is writing the schedules now and my ETL said its because she's banking hours for a bonus and that she's mad she didn't get one last time.
This is due to fail and your STL will be gone by January. Our store went down to 5 trucks a week and keeping people scheduled 7 days a week to get things back stocked on non truck days. Things are looking better. If only they would schedule 6 TMs on my pfresh truck of 1100 average piece truck.

Wow that's shitty and not just from a professional perspective. A lot of people rely on Target to pay bills, and this selfish shitbag is willfully fucking them over for a bonus he or she obviously does not deserve. I hope Target weeds them out quickly.

Our last STL lives down the street from us and said she was on her way out. We became a focus store and people are quitting and getting fired left and right. They say they don't get a bonus but the last STL was also bitching to me about not getting some 6k bonus. Everyone is miserable but I'm getting great hours and its despair all around.

I was getting 30-40 (usually closer to 40) for months (I complained about it on here, and now I regret it lol), then about a month ago it dropped down to 19-25. Next week's schedule I have 12 hours.

There's no one on the floor ever. Nothing is getting finished. Softlines TMs are working as cashiers more than they're in softlines. I'm trying to look on the bright side by celebrating that it'll be great for my mental health to have multiple days of r&r in a row. Also, I'll have tons of time to focus on finding a job.

Unfortunately, I have to make it rain sick AND vacation hours in order to pay my bills. I'm gonna run out of sick hours next week unless I pick some shifts up. And I have to watch the swap board like a hawk.

I'm 36.5 next week.

michae10.gif

So as of right now we have 3 team members working each day. we have morning production 6-11:30, Mid 10-3:30, and closer 3:30 to 9:30. Now it has gotten to where the expect it to be fresh and full at 9 and 4. While we still have trucks to do, guest to service on slicers, hot case to be full, and ring guest out at the register. Basically, the focus in on the sandwich and salad case. Which is all well, and good, but it forces us to ignore other ares, and have the stockroom overflowing with product that could be sold only if it was on the shelf.
Then since we have no team lead, that hit us right in the nuts. We lost all sense of team work, and very unhappy and frustrated team members. Then on top of that the bakery/deli team lead is out for 3 months due to surgery, and that hurts us too. Not that they were a part of the deli, because they never work over on our side. I don't know I walk into grocery stores that have 5-6 people working in their deli, yet we are lucky to have 3 with very little cross-over.

Ive have been looking to remove myself from the mess, because mentally it is wearing me down, which in turn is physically beating me down.

I hope to hear from other deli people to see what they deal with in their store.
The fucked up part is, if you had a TL, your team would be getting even less hours. Why our hours still come out of the regular pool is beyond me. Can't lead people if there is no one to lead.

I was getting 30-40 (usually closer to 40) for months (I complained about it on here, and now I regret it lol), then about a month ago it dropped down to 19-25. Next week's schedule I have 12 hours.

There's no one on the floor ever. Nothing is getting finished. Softlines TMs are working as cashiers more than they're in softlines. I'm trying to look on the bright side by celebrating that it'll be great for my mental health to have multiple days of r&r in a row. Also, I'll have tons of time to focus on finding a job.

Unfortunately, I have to make it rain sick AND vacation hours in order to pay my bills. I'm gonna run out of sick hours next week unless I pick some shifts up. And I have to watch the swap board like a hawk.

Don't forget to file for Unemployment. Most states allow claims if you are scheduled for 50% hours less than you are typically scheduled.

I've had coworkers file. Their hours get bumped up enough so that they can't file in future weeks. Then you can add in some vacation time to bump up you paycheck. Hopefully you won't burn through all if your vacation time.

I believe this is corp wide. Our DTL has his main focus on payroll more so than I've seen with our previous DTL. Our store missed payroll, and we had to cancel trucks to at least try to recoup. According to store vets, this is the first time they've seen this happen.

Right now our TMs on flow (Exception of some BR vets) now have 20 hours. That is not even close to being enough for our trucks. Our ETL is stressing the hell out and shit is really starting to hit the fan. On top of all of this, they're trying to get new TMs on for the dreaded holidays coming in fast.

TL;DR: We're all fucked.
Cancel a truck for missing payroll??? Are you kidding??? It's pretty hard to sell stuff if you don't have it because you cancelled a truck so you wouldn't have to spend hours to put the stuff on the floor!

Our hours have been slim. Last week it was so bad, no one came in for the salesfloor until 10am. And of course the process teams ignored any requests for assistance until the guests started complaining to the LOD. And to save hours the "opening" hardlines person was an ETL. This rather amused those of us at the front end, but was a serious frustration to anyone else who had to help pick that slack up.

Cancel a truck for missing payroll??? Are you kidding??? It's pretty hard to sell stuff if you don't have it because you cancelled a truck so you wouldn't have to spend hours to put the stuff on the floor!

Our hours have been slim. Last week it was so bad, no one came in for the salesfloor until 10am. And of course the process teams ignored any requests for assistance until the guests started complaining to the LOD. And to save hours the "opening" hardlines person was an ETL. This rather amused those of us at the front end, but was a serious frustration to anyone else who had to help pick that slack up.

We are not allowed to cancel a truck for any reason. If we are over on payroll we have to cut it from somewhere else or have whoever is there just push it but like you said we can't make sales if we don't have merchandise. We normally don't have a sales floor TM until 10am on non truck days and on truck days we have no sales floor TM at all. Flow and process teams handle calls, fast service, pulls, and abandons. This is the worst month we have had though as far as payroll goes. My planogram team didn't get hours to set SSS or Mini and the LOD's set it all which has never happened before.

I got sent home again today at 9am. 6am-9am Is not cutting It. Weird how I was the only 1 or 2 sent home. I have a feeling Im not liked. Weird Though because I'm always staying later when needed,never late,never missed a day of work.

One problem Evildead2 - Target expects you to show up for your shifts on time as scheduled, and you expect Target to allow you to work your schedule as published. They can not send you home unless you have committed an offense that warrants you being sent home before your shift ends. Leaving is voluntary on your part. Don't let them bully you into leaving early unless you wish to leave. The flip side is that they might retaliate against you by not scheduling you many hours due to your refusal to leave when they need to save payroll.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Good luck getting hours.

I am so sick of this no hours crap. When THREE biweekly paychecks won't be enough to equal a rent payment? HELL NO. Over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back