Archived May be the stupidest question ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Pipo stand for? I see it as an item description on the registers.
Example: Pipo Upup toilet paper or something like that.

I know pipo can stand for paper in paper out or parallel in/out, but what significance does it have in an item description on a register..?

o_O

PIPO Stands for Pallet-in, pallet-out. It's just a term used to describe how product is sent from the DC and received in stores. Most big paper products and big bags of pet food/litter come wrapped on a pallet and the quantity is received as one pallet of xxx eaches.

On the backroom side of things, an item that is PIPO means that when backstocking, the system doesn't ask for the quantity that is in the backroom location. All it cares about is whether the item is there or not there.

I wondered that myself. I was buying a case of water the other day and saw PIPO on one of the price labels, and I wondered what the heck it meant.

Yep, same goes for water. Comes in on [very heavy] pallets and we don't have to count the amounts that we backstock.

Yep, same goes for water. Comes in on [very heavy] pallets and we don't have to count the amounts that we backstock.

I opened one time and had to help the GSTL unload a pallet of water that Flow left at the express lanes (NOT Great By 8 - GSTL was pissed). There had to be at least 50 cases on that pallet.

Ahhhh, okay. I was curious and was like WHY is this in the item description on the friggin register, lol.

Thanks guys.

So, does this mean that when the water endcap is low at the front lanes I can just head to the backroom and grab a few cases off the PIPO pallet without worrying about getting them pulled?

So, does this mean that when the water endcap is low at the front lanes I can just head to the backroom and grab a few cases off the PIPO pallet without worrying about getting them pulled?

should always check first, but the cases of MP water And Ice Mountain Are pipo, we have pallets of smaller ice mountain water that are counted though

should always check first, but the cases of MP water And Ice Mountain Are pipo, we have pallets of smaller ice mountain water that are counted though

This. As far as the 24 packs of MP and IM go, as long as you aren't taking the last one off the pallet, you are fine!

Shouldn't you always subtract (and enter a quantity), because of the sales accumulator? It doesn't know that item is being refilled if you're just taking what you want off the pallet.

The thing with the water is that, in my experience, it gets asked for in a pull nearly every hour anyway, especially if it's on ad. The system would ask for anywhere from 3 to 10 waters on any given hour; this is annoying and unproductive seeing as we have 24 feet of it out there. A couple missing here and there aren't going to bother anyone. Instead, we key the amount that the system asks for every hour but don't actually send any out. The entire pallet gets sent out to the floor once before open, and once around 5 o'clock to keep the floor full without having to constantly put water on with the rest of the grocery pulls. If it's on a pretty big sale or on a bulk endcap in grocery, the pallet will go out more often. Then it can also be rolled up to the cartwell if there's a loc for it there.

Once we either have no pallets of water in the backroom or it goes off of promotional pricing, we can do a quick SUBT-9999 to fix any jacked up accumulator values (after the floor has been filled to capacity, of course). And truthfully, this isn't even necessary since we send the pallet out in the morning, and it pulls a large number in the autofills too. We can just key the number (40, for example) and send the pallet out to completely stock the floor. That way the accumulator is evened out and the floor is filled - the endgame every time.

Rinse and repeat the next time it goes on ad.

FS, Excellent reply!! I worked dayside backroom for a few months before moving onto the floor and that is how my old backroom did it. It works VERY smoothly and keeps the water full, without creating any problems or extra work for anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back