Archived Medical LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlebluej

Sr BR TL
How does one go on a medical LOA? Is it true that you get some pay while on it (I hear about 60%)? What kind of paperwork is required/conditions need to be met?

I've been experiencing a medical condition for the past year now that's basically made worse by my job. My doctor is strongly suggesting I take a short LOA, but I've only got about 3 weeks of vacation/PH saved up.

Talk to your hr. Ask about short term disability(under 3 months). Long term disability is an option on spot insurance. If you did not sign up for it, you can't get it. I got it for 8.00 a month.
Your pay will be about 60%, which is correct.

I don't have Spot insurance. I think I'm looking toward the short term disability then. If I applied for it, would this be something that shows up on future employers' applications?

When, I had my surgery a few years ago. I was out for five weeks. After, the doctor determined that I needed surgery. He ( surgeon) gave me a form to give to hr. Simply stating that I was having surgery on such date and would be expected to be out for such and such amount of time. I gave it to my Hr tm. Then, the HR tm ( who I have said this before is worth her weight in gold) told me to call Hewitt and tell them. I had to give Hewitt my Docs name and contact info . Hewitt will contact your doc to verify everything . Hewitt will also call you to "check in" every now and then. When its time for you to return to work you contact Hewitt and they will contact your doc and the store etc. The process sounds more complicated than it actually is . Good luck to you and hope you feel better !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back