Archived mentoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive realized that as a part of a TM's or TL's development they should have a mentor, may it be a TL or ETL. I was wondering how is that worked out, is your mentor assigned? Or do you just ask a trusted leader to mentor you? is it something official that the district has to approve?? As a GSA ive had numerous convos with ETL's and my STL about my potential, is it alarming that no one has even suggested that i get a mentor or offered to mentor me?

It's the exact opposite in my district, Merricme. Having a mentor is all about building a support network. They can help you build a reputation, help guide you when you come to forks in the road, prep you for interviews, reach out and help you find job opportunities, etc etc. The goal is to find a mentor that will make you a more successful TM, TL, ETL, STL, or whatever you may be. It's also fairly common to have more than one.

I have two; my APTL and previous STL.

Yeah in my district those with a good network of mentors usually go far. Really to be mentored you just have to ask and show you really want it and are willing to work toward your opportunities or promotion or whatever. Mentors don't need to be your direct supervisors but rather people you know have your best interest at heart.

Unfortunately for me, mine is the Electronics Team Lead.. I am a Perishables Assistant, and he has no idea what I actually do. He was "asked" to make me more of a leader, even though I have been trying to carry a $12M Dollar PFresh on my back since my TL and Mentor PA quit (The same Day, about 4 months ago),

My Store is down about 3% overall, yet every one of my sections is in the top 10 in sales for the year so far.. +6% Produce, +10% meat +21% Bakery, +30% Deli, we are +0.1% in Dry, but that is with probably 1/10th of all we had going clearance with the absurd Market Reset, as well as the chaos of the event as well.

I've only heard of mentors for new TL's. It's too bad my mentor got fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back