Archived Merchandise Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HLN13

Hardlines TM
Has anyone here ever gone through the process of receiving merchandise from a store that’s shutting down? Because holy hell, I have no idea what I walked into this morning.. it was chaos. Pallets full of repacks literally everywhere, many discounted and not sold here item, salvage items, completely broken items, and it was just pallet after pallet after pallet. Why doesn’t spot split it up between stores instead??

Too many times I went through this. It can't last for weeks the transfers. Since my store is the biggest in the city and state we get everyone's shit. How do we deal with it? We just dealt with it as it was our own freight. Depending on time we try to push as much transfer as we can. If we're out of time we just send it to the backroom. That's it. Nothing fancy. Please I'll take any tips. My store has been getting transfer on a daily basis for years now and it's almost never due to a store closing, just a store getting too much shit and we luck out with their overstock.

That sucks.

When we packed up our store, we did NOT include anything on sale or clearance or defective.
Now it might be that after going to a DC and being shipped out, some items have gone on clearance for your store but salvage items should not have been sent.

A month before closing, we marked down any on line return items and slashed prices on clearance items. We got rid of EVERYTHING that was clearance out or marked down.

Our on line returns were also clearanced out. We didn't bother trying to ship any of that stuff. We got a LOT of returns the last month because people were afraid they'd be stuck with their orders (which is stupid, they could have shipped them back or gone to another store)

Our items were marked to go to a lot of different stores in several states. I can't imagine any store got very much really. I guess different districts do things different ways.

Too many times I went through this. It can't last for weeks the transfers. Since my store is the biggest in the city and state we get everyone's shit. How do we deal with it? We just dealt with it as it was our own freight. Depending on time we try to push as much transfer as we can. If we're out of time we just send it to the backroom. That's it. Nothing fancy. Please I'll take any tips. My store has been getting transfer on a daily basis for years now and it's almost never due to a store closing, just a store getting too much shit and we luck out with their overstock.
It’s been hell for us, but I think this might be our first time ever getting it, so it explains it. We just simply don’t have the TM’s needed to push it.. we had 3 pallets stacked 4 repacks high just piled with random shit, in 6 hours me and 2 others only finished 1 and a half pallets.. flow team is only scheduled until 9 because that’s how long it normally takes them. We just have transfer pallets sitting everywhere now because we don’t have anyone to work them. Kill me.

Yeah got a big ole pallet of toys and another pallet of bedsheet sets, all backstock so it's been floating around in the backroom for a week now. Just what we've been needing, 50+ repacks of the same 4 - 5 DPCIs...brilliant, genius, 10/10, oh god yes please send us 100 more tons of shit nobody wants so I can waste a few hours sorting it instead of filling empty salesfloor locs with shit that actually moves!!!!

Yeah got a big ole pallet of toys and another pallet of bedsheet sets, all backstock so it's been floating around in the backroom for a week now. Just what we've been needing, 50+ repacks of the same 4 - 5 DPCIs...brilliant, genius, 10/10, oh god yes please send us 100 more tons of shit nobody wants so I can waste a few hours sorting it instead of filling empty salesfloor locs with shit that actually moves!!!!
I wanna know what happened to all their casepacks?

Treat it like reshop. Break out the repacks separate by department, any clearance or not sold in your store should go to price change to rerap unless you know how to do it. Then add the repacks by section to the CAFs. Even if you don't add them to the CAFs it should take less than 1.5-2 hours per pallet, unless you have lots of softlines or cosmetics on it too.

Treat it like reshop. Break out the repacks separate by department, any clearance or not sold in your store should go to price change to rerap unless you know how to do it. Then add the repacks by section to the CAFs. Even if you don't add them to the CAFs it should take less than 1.5-2 hours per pallet, unless you have lots of softlines or cosmetics on it too.
You clearly are underestimating how long it takes to work out 10 repacks of batteries that go all over the store and aren’t sorted at all. Nothing is sorted at all. Kind of sorted by department and that’s about it. All the boxes are stuffed full of random electronics items and we don’t even sell half of them.. also almost everything needs to be spider wrapped or put in locking case.. all while helping guests. Also, adding them to the CAFs doesn’t really work for electronics. It takes a lot longer then you might think.. but thanks for the advice!

You clearly are underestimating how long it takes to work out 10 repacks of batteries that go all over the store and aren’t sorted at all. Nothing is sorted at all. Kind of sorted by department and that’s about it. All the boxes are stuffed full of random electronics items and we don’t even sell half of them.. also almost everything needs to be spider wrapped or put in locking case.. all while helping guests. Also, adding them to the CAFs doesn’t really work for electronics. It takes a lot longer then you might think.. but thanks for the advice!

Not batteries, but we just did this with 2 pallets today. 300 items is about one person's shift. Ours was Dry Market, Home, BBO, and Softlines.

Last edited:

Discount that shit and throw it on one of those oversized red basket displays. Put it on the racetrack and you'll get rid of it pretty quickly.

Not batteries, but we just did this with 2 pallets today. 300 items is about one person's shift. Ours was Dry Market, Home, BBO, and Softlines.
Yeah, 300 items in a shift sounds reasonable. Our repacks were probably pushing 100 on some of the battery ones and we had 60 total repacks. Some were much smaller though, like speaker ones were only 3/4 items

The merchandise is split up between the stores that are serviced by the DC. I assume most, if not all, casepacks just go back into the DCs inventory, sort of like merchandise sweeps.

The merchandise is split up between the stores that are serviced by the DC. I assume most, if not all, casepacks just go back into the DCs inventory, sort of like merchandise sweeps.
Yeah, that would make sense. It just feels like we got literally EVERYTHING. All the electronics stuff we got was definitely all the stuff we would have if we emptied all our shelves and back room..

I understand that they split it up between stores served by the DC, but it would be nice if they excluded stores that are about to go through inventory...

Has anyone here ever gone through the process of receiving merchandise from a store that’s shutting down? Because holy hell, I have no idea what I walked into this morning.. it was chaos. Pallets full of repacks literally everywhere, many discounted and not sold here item, salvage items, completely broken items, and it was just pallet after pallet after pallet. Why doesn’t spot split it up between stores instead??
They do. You got your piece. Dam does it suck.

It’s been hell for us, but I think this might be our first time ever getting it, so it explains it. We just simply don’t have the TM’s needed to push it.. we had 3 pallets stacked 4 repacks high just piled with random shit, in 6 hours me and 2 others only finished 1 and a half pallets.. flow team is only scheduled until 9 because that’s how long it normally takes them. We just have transfer pallets sitting everywhere now because we don’t have anyone to work them. Kill me.
Nah instead, i will take you to the olympics and knock you into the half pipe and when you try to escape it will look like you are doing tricks and stunts.

Drunk Korean Spectator Scored 53.0 After Falling Into The Pipe - https://www.newschoolers.com/news/read/Drunk-Korean-Woman-Scored-53-0-Falling-Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back