Merit positions

Was wondering how other Dc do job posting for merit positions? In this DC all merits positions expect the LWW are offered to current tm in those positions if they want to move keys and then if not filled are posted to the whole building and workday.

Yeah, that's how it works and it's also how it should work.

Many people would take the role on keys they didn't want just to be in position to get onto the key they do want.

The only annoying part is that I always thought seniority to transfer key should have been based on time in position not time with the company when it came to a merit position. But that's just like, my opinion.

I agree with the above. Internal moves, then post to building what’s left open. And yes, there are times when a new addition to a merit team can screw others out of moving because target Tenure takes priority over everything.

homer simpson episode 10 GIF

Last edited:
I thought that's how it should be but our HR BP told LWW that is not the guidelines for LWWs because they are a level 3. That it has to be posted to everyone and in workday and if current LWWs are interested they would have to apply and interview like everyone else. So every other merit position in the building does it the one way but not LWW, doesn't sound right to me. Figured they just needed some excuse not to give it to guy even tho he had been LWW for that department on nights for almost 2 years and with Target for over 15 years.

I thought that's how it should be but our HR BP told LWW that is not the guidelines for LWWs because they are a level 3. That it has to be posted to everyone and in workday and if current LWWs are interested they would have to apply and interview like everyone else. So every other merit position in the building does it the one way but not LWW, doesn't sound right to me. Figured they just needed some excuse not to give it to guy even tho he had been LWW for that department on nights for almost 2 years and with Target for over 15 years.
Honestly, the way it’s done for other merit positions is dumb. They end up filling the spots with people who’ve been in the building for 6-12 months and don’t really know anything, 1 key is pretty much stuck in an endless loop of training new TMs, etc. You don’t want that with LWWs.

Honestly, the way it’s done for other merit positions is dumb. They end up filling the spots with people who’ve been in the building for 6-12 months and don’t really know anything, 1 key is pretty much stuck in an endless loop of training new TMs, etc. You don’t want that with LWWs.
As opposed to just handing them level 3 like what happened? At least half of ours were barely functioning higher than a normal TM the way it was, and now with all the added responsibility every day bring a new shit storm, because they can’t do their jobs, and the OM or HR wont do anything about it, so the rest of us suffer.

Back