might quit if they keep this up

i agreed with the thread title - but for a different reason.

your reason is valid - what good is a job that doesn’t pay the bills, no one can survive on 8 hours per week. Shameful of them to keep you on the ‘full availability’ hook to allow you to earn so little.

My reasons to throw in the towel are different -things are BAD. Sales are good but everything else is the worst ever. Don’ know how long I can last if things Don’t improve. Such as -
-sales floor is in such a disaster state it is absolutely shameful ! I direct a guest somewhere and pick up an overflowing armful of stray items along the way, trip over freight and can’t even get from here to there because so many aisles are blocked.
-guests are ruthlessly rude, more so than ever
-tm moral is in the toilet - so difficult to keep smiling
-leadership is lacking - no direction, no solutions. Picking on the little things instead of solving the big problems
-the short staff is killing the guest experience and causing everyone working to be stressed

i know, every few years I cry wolf that “this is the end” ……. Then, somehow, things get better. But, I think I mean it this time.

i agreed with the thread title - but for a different reason.

your reason is valid - what good is a job that doesn’t pay the bills, no one can survive on 8 hours per week. Shameful of them to keep you on the ‘full availability’ hook to allow you to earn so little.

My reasons to throw in the towel are different -things are BAD. Sales are good but everything else is the worst ever. Don’ know how long I can last if things Don’t improve. Such as -
-sales floor is in such a disaster state it is absolutely shameful ! I direct a guest somewhere and pick up an overflowing armful of stray items along the way, trip over freight and can’t even get from here to there because so many aisles are blocked.
-guests are ruthlessly rude, more so than ever
-tm moral is in the toilet - so difficult to keep smiling
-leadership is lacking - no direction, no solutions. Picking on the little things instead of solving the big problems
-the short staff is killing the guest experience and causing everyone working to be stressed

i know, every few years I cry wolf that “this is the end” ……. Then, somehow, things get better. But, I think I mean it this time.
This is so true at my store too.

People keep asking me why they keep cutting payroll if sales are so good. I want to tell them that the Board owes a Mexican cartel billions of dollars, because that's the only thing that makes sense.
Shit it must be, My store been busy a lot of weekdays during Q1. Covid is over so more people that were hiding are shopping more often.

Our store is too lazy to train anyone in different jobs

I don't think most of GM know how to cashier either.
I think that’s just normal at Target, Lack of cross training, Management doesn’t train for shit, You learn it all on a computer or have to get a team member to do it.

Back