Archived Minimum amount of hours a TM can be scheduled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Is there a minimum amount of hours a TM must be scheduled? HR has been hour slashing like crazy (heard goal was to cut 65 hours per day for this month). Seen some TM not be scheduled at all.

Is it possible for someone not to be scheduled at all?

I have a similar question: I looked at the future week schedule, and my name is not even on it. It’s on for this week and next week only when I checked in the store. I check the Kronos app and I’m also not scheduled on there in 2 weeks. HR has been cutting hours to about 8 a week recently, does this mean they’re letting me go?

I have a similar question: I looked at the future week schedule, and my name is not even on it. It’s on for this week and next week only when I checked in the store. I check the Kronos app and I’m also not scheduled on there in 2 weeks. HR has been cutting hours to about 8 a week recently, does this mean they’re letting me go?

Have you been with the company less than 90 days? If not, you'd have to be fired outright.

It's hard to say, they are supposed to schedule you even when they are letting someone go. I call them ghost shifts.

Are you in your 90? Either way ask HR what's up

I started back in June, but I heard that my probation was extended. My GSTLs were discussing my performance a month ago, and after talking they decided to keep me on. Today HR was by me for a little bit asking how’s it going helping me load the guest’s cart but she didn’t say anything regarding this. It seemed like she was going to say something but didn’t.

Last edited:
I was full-time when I started, but I changed my availability before I headed back to university for working Fri afternoon to Sun at 12PM. ETL-Guest Experience said that was okay and she was happy I was interested in just seasonal (she interviewed me because HR wasn’t in at the time).

I will know for sure by this Thursday evening because if HR Clerical doesn’t schedule me for 2 weeks from then I know for a fact it’s coming.

It’s weird because they kept on some seasonal...

Wait, so you have less than 48 hours of availability a week?

Yup. Because I’m available starting noon on Friday, and we close at 10PM. So 10 hours, plus all day Saturday (14 hours aka 8AM - 10PM) and 8AM to noon on Sunday because I have to run back here. So 10+14+4 = 28 hours. I’m cross-trained and cashier and cart attendant. I tell them all the tine: put me outside, I have no complaints even if it’s -20*F I’ll HAPPILY do it... It might be a REDCards thing though, because I don’t get a lot, but I just got another one on Friday (and I apparently surprised my GSTL).

Most people who go to my school and work there took LOAs, I said I'll stay on for them, that's when I got trained as a Cart Attendant because they were desperate. HR managed to now hire on 3 new ones though by November... they moved me back on the register since then, and GSTL/GSA asks me on carts only when a CA isn't on shift.

Last edited:
Just wondering: would you say it is better to NCNS my way out of this part-time position that I had while at university, or is it better to just go through the termination process with ETL-HR?

They were just cutting hours and put me on in 2 weeks. I was so irritated that I’m planning to give my 2-week notice by Summer.

If you're in college and you have choose between target and college, pick college. You will be better off.

That minimum is for the week, not for a shift.

I'm not honestly sure but I think the shortest amount of hours in a week I have seen are about 4.

I think 4 is as little as they're supposed to schedule, although that definitely changes in cases where the TM has limited/very limited availability or has any days requested off during their availability. I'm not sure where that line is drawn, but it is unusual for someone with weekend availability and no time off requests to not be scheduled for two straight weeks.

On another note, I don't believe your probationary period can be extended past 90 days unless you were hired as seasonal (and I think 180 days is when you'd automatically convert anyhow), since 90 days is plenty of time to decide if someone's worth keeping. After 90 days, they'd actually have to go through the process of firing you.

I've had weeks with no hours at all. But I have very limited availability, and I was actually okay with it. I have a full time job that pays the bills and I work at Target because I enjoy it and because discounts are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back