Archived Missed Cartwheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a guest comes up to you and says their cartwheel didn't go through or that they forgot to show the cashier, how exactly do you process it?

I've heard everything from returning all cartwheel items and just have them repurchase them using the cartwheel to calculate how much they would get off with the cartwheel and do it as a missed coupon.

So just wondering how other service desk TMs add the cartwheel after they've already paid.

You can scan the receipt, functions should pop up! There's a function to go back and fix a mistake. Select missed coupons. Scan the cartwheel barcode. I can't remember specifically which key it is without looking at the keyboard - hopefully someone else will pop in who remembers! This happens way too often, even if I ask if they have coupons or Cartwheel... guests are so absentminded lol.

Select missed coupons. Scan the cartwheel barcode.
Wait, does this really work? We always have to do Fix a Mistake --> Wrong Price, then key/scan the item, and type the percent off and mark the reason as Missed Cartwheel (K2 I think...)
But yeah, long process. Does just scanning the barcode actually work under Missed Coupon?

I've actually tried scanning the cartwheel barcode in missed coupon but it never works for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I'd scan the receipt, fix a mistake, wrong price. Then do a percentage off of the items and let the computer do the math for you.

The Missed Cartwheel option only pops up at certain times and I haven't quite figured out when and how but I do know that it's not always there.

Well, unless it's changed over the summer, Cartwheel is processed as a payment and not as a coupon. So you have to post void their original payment, scan the cartwheel barcode and then process the payment again. If they only have 2-3 cartwheel items I'll just figure out the savings and process it as a missed coupon. People are always surprised how little they are saving on those 5% off items. Seriously - 5% off on a gallon of milk - what did you think it would come to?

For the first week, I didn't even know all the registers were capable of doing it. I'd been sending the few guests that asked about it over to GS.

There are several ways I handle this, all of which have been mentioned. It's very annoying. People are idiots. "okay, hear is your .40 cents. Have a nice day!"

SCENARIO ONE: Guest has a lot of cartwheel deals on multiple items.

Scan receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Payment. This will reopen the transaction, which will allow you to scan Cartwheel. Hit "Total" and have the guest do their payment once again.

*EXCEPTIONS: Pay attention to how the guest paid. If the guest paid partially with a gift card, money will go back to those original gift cards. You may have to go pull them out of the trash from where they checked out if the guest no longer has the gift card. If they paid cash, you may have to pull cash from the original register as well, depending on how the guest pays. The register will prompt you on what to do in this case, so just follow the prompts. If the register doesn't say anything about a "money transfer" then don't worry about it.

SCENARIO TWO: Guest has only a few items on Cartwheel. I'd say 5 or less.

Do the math -> Scan receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Missed coupon for whatever the amount is.

SCENARIO THREE: Also best used in cases where only a few items where missed, and is probably the most "brand" and "correct" way to handle the issue.

Scan Receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Price ->Type in Cartwheel Percentage and hit "Missed Cartwheel."

*OPINION: Even though this is the technically correct way to do it, this isn't my favorite option, because it only lets you do one item at a time. I typically only do this when the guest only had one item for cartwheel.

SCENARIO FOUR: When all else fails, you can always return the items, and resell them, scanning Cartwheel. Typically I do this in "Make it Right" situations where it's been a few days since the transaction, or any other instance where the register isn't doing what I want. If you're at the Service Desk, you know how it is sometimes.

SCENARIO THREE: Also best used in cases where only a few items where missed, and is probably the most "brand" and "correct" way to handle the issue.

Scan Receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Price ->Type in Cartwheel Percentage and hit "Missed Cartwheel."

*OPINION: Even though this is the technically correct way to do it, this isn't my favorite option, because it only lets you do one item at a time. I typically only do this when the guest only had one item for cartwheel.
Be careful with this, if the purchase was on a Red Card it will make you do a refund because our systems suck.​

I really don't see why they couldn't code the POS to retroactively apply Cartwheel to a recent receipt, maybe as a Missed Discount.

Even if the items are discounted after the fact, it doesn't affect your Cartwheel - you don't add to your savings total, delaying badges and other rewards. Just wait until a guest complains that they lost out on a Cartwheel badge because their barcode wasn't scanned during the transaction. Because some guests would actually complain about things like that.

Be careful with this, if the purchase was on a Red Card it will make you do a refund because our systems suck.​

See scenario 4...

SIDE QUESTION: Has anybody else's POS sort function at guest service started displaying items that aren't Cart 16 as Cart 16?

SIDE QUESTION: Has anybody else's POS sort function at guest service started displaying items that aren't Cart 16 as Cart 16?

Maybe the items are cross-merchandised as part of a sales planner? Or perhaps your Smart Sort needs to be re-calibrated. Verify the locations on a MyDevice (or ask a sales floor TM), then tell your GSTL or ETL-GE about it. My store's Smart Sort has been wonky ever since our EE remodel because a bunch of aisle numbers changed in F block.

Scan receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Wrong Payment. This will reopen the transaction, which will allow you to scan Cartwheel. Hit "Total" and have the guest do their payment once again.

*EXCEPTIONS: Pay attention to how the guest paid. If the guest paid partially with a gift card, money will go back to those original gift cards. You may have to go pull them out of the trash from where they checked out if the guest no longer has the gift card. If they paid cash, you may have to pull cash from the original register as well, depending on how the guest pays. The register will prompt you on what to do in this case, so just follow the prompts. If the register doesn't say anything about a "money transfer" then don't worry about it.

SCENARIO TWO: Guest has only a few items on Cartwheel. I'd say 5 or less.

Do the math -> Scan receipt -> Fix a Mistake -> Missed coupon for whatever the amount is.

SCENARIO FOUR: When all else fails, you can always return the items, and resell them, scanning Cartwheel. Typically I do this in "Make it Right" situations where it's been a few days since the transaction, or any other instance where the register isn't doing what I want. If you're at the Service Desk, you know how it is sometimes.
At my store we do scenario 1 and 3 we can't do coupon b

ASANTS. This is the brand at our store pushed by our STL, ETL-GE, and accepted by all GSTLs. Beware, if a gift card or merchandise refund card was used, the Post Void part of this "Fix a Mistake" will not work.

TLs, GSTLs, and GSAs - Make sure that you are just following up with your cashiers to be asking the guest if they will be saving with Cartwheel. It is part of best practice and Cashier core roles expectation that they be asking every guest about coupons/cartwheel, and the REDCard.

Cashiers and SFTMs - Hold your fellow team members accountable and empower yourselves to remind each other to remember to ask every time.

ASANTS. This is the brand at our store pushed by our STL, ETL-GE, and accepted by all GSTLs. Beware, if a gift card or merchandise refund card was used, the Post Void part of this "Fix a Mistake" will not work.

TLs, GSTLs, and GSAs - Make sure that you are just following up with your cashiers to be asking the guest if they will be saving with Cartwheel. It is part of best practice and Cashier core roles expectation that they be asking every guest about coupons/cartwheel, and the REDCard.

Cashiers and SFTMs - Hold your fellow team members accountable and empower yourselves to remind each other to remember to ask every time.

What a pointless contribution.

my store does that too.

It's only there for a price change mid transaction. Like if you hit total and the cartwheel wasn't taken off or the guest forgot to scan the item but mentions it *before* paying, then you can go back and manually adjust the price and hit K3 and the reason.

It's only there for a price change mid transaction. Like if you hit total and the cartwheel wasn't taken off or the guest forgot to scan the item but mentions it *before* paying, then you can go back and manually adjust the price and hit K3 and the reason.
Nope it’s there afterwards under fix a mistake wrong price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back