Archived Missing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Anyone miss sales by a ridiculous number? We missed by 18 dollars last week lol, all we had to deny is one fraudulent return.

Also missed by 80K when it snowed but we didn't lose hours due to the call outs

lmao that snow had us down around that much too.
Sales has been so innacurate for us lately. We had a 130k forecast on a random Thursday. That's our weekends.

lmao that snow had us down around that much too.
Sales has been so innacurate for us lately. We had a 130k forecast on a random Thursday. That's our weekends.

Lol yeah this week every store in our district has been comping by a lot. Myperformance doesn't seem to account for differing weeks. Like how Easter week was in March a year ago but April this year

We missed by 18 dollars last week lol, all we had to deny is one fraudulent return.

That's when you get on the radio and start asking if any team members need a coffee machine at home. Or maybe a new shirt. Whatever, as long as it's $18.

lol

I think spot does a bad job of forecasting of sales at Store level. Spot Corp is to blame. As @HRZone said, dates & events are important for the stores. But on Internet side, is where the spot's major weakness is. Bad info on the spot site, like searching for items(fidgets, etc) hurts sales. Guests say"your site says you have this item, etc" & real time inventory on the site.

Due to the remodel, we are regularly losing thousands of dollars in sales because guests (and us team members) don't know where things are because its either been shifted around or the aisles are not set yet and product was moved to offsite. Guests are pissed.

The store changes everyday except weekends.

Due to the remodel, we are regularly losing thousands of dollars in sales because guests (and us team members) don't know where things are because its either been shifted around or the aisles are not set yet and product was moved to offsite. Guests are pissed.

The store changes everyday except weekends.
Make a cheat sheet on big sheet of paper. Then, communicate to guests & other tm's. Don't forget the pharmacy folks.

We missed sales by $30 a few weeks ago. The closing LOD that night was the opening LOD the next day and he was so pissed! Ruined our streak of beating sales every day of the 10 days our STL was on vacation.

When we did the PFresh remodel we had a white board in the TSC that had a basic map on it and what moved where, or every morning huddle the remodel TL or someone would fill us in on what moved where.
That is a great idea! But pharmacy folks were not given any info. So, I have given them updates on where things moved.

Last edited:
I think we missed about 40K on election night. That was pretty funny.

Due to recent storms my Target is the only store with working power...even though it's enough for dry goods and general merchandise. No cold items, lost a days worth of sales in spoiled foods. We have been slammed even when working in a furnace

We have some weeks where we make the sales, and some where we don't.
The store changing who's working on certain departments isn't helping any. We pulled a big wrapped pallet of electronics out from the backroom that was stuff that had to be re-located due to the plano in electronics being reset. This is NOT the department to be leaving stuff off of the shelves, and the fact that they took 2 dedicated overnight electronics team members off of working that area recently doesn't help any. The dayside electronics team simply can't keep up.

We've been making sales by a lot and my STL is desperately trying to get rid of the extra payroll so it doesn't fuck us next year. We don't lose payroll if we miss sales.

Are sales goals district based? Or company wide? Ive still not learned much about that.

Are sales goals district based? Or company wide? Ive still not learned much about that.

Pretty sure it's district based. Lots of factors go into your forecast including previous years, population within a 3 mile radius, per capita income of that radius etc... Store reports on workhench breaks this down.

One night when I was waiting for a ride I heard them say we missed goal by $700. Ouch.

A store in my district was slated for 98k on Memorial day and ended up coming in at 37k.

We were off by 10-20k last weekend. Similar all week. Except Monday which was over by 1k due to people driving home and stopping. We've made sales every month this year no problem and suddenly we're 30k behind in June already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back