Archived Month into new role ETL...starting tomorrow I open 6 straight times. Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the schedule for 4 straight opening LOD shifts. But there were some changes with people having to be off, etc, and I got an email from my STL adding me to two more opening LOD shifts.

I'm doing well in role so far from what my peers and STL say, and I have a good relationship with him and like Target and my store, so at this point I'm not sure why he'd do that. There are Senior TLs and Etls who are E nothing those days who could have easily covered the days I was added as E*.

I also run Logistics, which needs a lot of attention in my store. As LOD, I won't be able to be as engaged in the work center.

Should I say something? I don't want to come off as complaining.

How long have you been with Target? If your brand new to Target, then they are probably putting you through the rookie hazing and giving you all the LOD shifts. If this is the case I would say roll with the punches for no more than a month, I'm sure they will stop by then, plus it shows your a team player and eventually you'll need them to cover some of your shifts. I've seen it happen plenty of times. But if you aren't new to Target, then I would say speak up definitely, if not they will walk all over you.

Does seem kind of absurd. I'm guessing you are in a ULV store? Meaning you only have 3 ETLs (including yourself) and the STL? (and I'm assuming 2-3 Sr TLs)

It's possible there are schedule conflicts you're unaware of, or that your STL feels the sales floor needs more attention at this point in time than Logistics and thus doesn't want to pull the Sr TLs away from the floor for extra LOD shifts.

Getting that many LOD shifts may actually be a sign that he/she feels you are strong in role so far. I'm the "rookie" GSA at my store (even though I've been in position for over a year now) but actually get scheduled for more hours and more GSTL/GSA shifts than either of my two TLs because my ETL-GE knows I can run the lanes effectively and still get tasks (setting sales planners, pushing candy, etc.) taken care of.

Glad I was overnight and didn't have to deal with LOD shifts. Just get through the hazing issue. They want you to become seasoned at LOD first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back