Archived More at Mcd"s

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can a franchised McD's have more workers on the clock than at Target? I went to McD's in my small town yesterday at 2:30pm. It was dead inside; the drive thru had a few cars in it. Yet, they had 11 people working. This was 4 more than at our Target at the same time. How is this possible? I am certainly no economics expert, so I just don't understand. I worked in fast food, Taco Bell, for 7 years, so I know how small the profit margins are. Can anyone explain this to me?

Try going into an Apple store. At any given time they have more people working than my store ever does. And corporate wonders why our guest service scores aren't consistently green lol.

not only that our McDonald's here pay about $2 over our base wage plus more with open availability and a sign on bonus I'm amazed we haven't lost more tms to them than we have

Back in the late 80's early 90's I managed a fast food place and we had to manage payroll by the hour. We checked sales every 15 minutes during peak times and if things were slow you sent people home. If things were busy you could use that extra hours allowed to call people in to prep, clean, whatever. It was really 'hands-on' but we never had to cut our payroll by a hundred hours because we blew payroll the week before getting ready for DTL visit.

Back in the late 80's early 90's I managed a fast food place and we had to manage payroll by the hour. We checked sales every 15 minutes during peak times and if things were slow you sent people home. If things were busy you could use that extra hours allowed to call people in to prep, clean, whatever. It was really 'hands-on' but we never had to cut our payroll by a hundred hours because we blew payroll the week before getting ready for DTL visit.

Oh this is one of my pet peeves. Everyone is on edge, everyone has hours to get the job done because we are getting a visit. I hate fake. The job should be done right the first time and not redone so that we can look good for a visit.

Oh this is one of my pet peeves. Everyone is on edge, everyone has hours to get the job done because we are getting a visit. I hate fake. The job should be done right the first time and not redone so that we can look good for a visit.

This is done on purpose. They cut payroll hours so they can turn a higher profit, while eliminating benefits and putting the burden onto taxpayers == bigger golden parachute for good ole Gregg.

Visits should be random and unannounced. This gives the DTL a better idea of how stores are actually run.

Visits are preplanned for a reason.

This is done on purpose. They cut payroll hours so they can turn a higher profit, while eliminating benefits and putting the burden onto taxpayers == bigger golden parachute for good ole Gregg.

Visits should be random and unannounced. This gives the DTL a better idea of how stores are actually run.

Visits are preplanned for a reason.

Nobody with any power is willing to say the emperor is naked.

They'll spend money to do their phony 'visits' & then they'll report back that things are running smoothly enough so there is no need to worry about adding hours.

Nobody above the level of TL is willing to sacrifice their bonuses for a mere thing like REALITY so everyone is willing to play this insane game.

The only way this ridiculous nonsense will ever stop is if the DTL found it IMPOSSIBLE to report back that things weren't critical. In other words, the stores would have to stop preparing especially for these nonsensical 'visits' & let corporate see what their stores are really like on an average day.

What an insane game everyone is playing. And sad that people have no scruples about being honest or having pride in their jobs anymore.

which would you rather work at though?

At this point, McDs. What's the difference? They both are large greedy corporations where you are forced to work crappy hours and holidays, treated like a robot, for crappy pay, and are ashamed to tell people you work there.

It seems, at least in this instance, this McD's is willing to schedule enough people to do the work. Our backroom is a disaster. Target's logic (made by people who have never done the job) - you have this much time to do a job. Real world logic (by someone, me, who has done the job for 8 years) - here's how long it will take.

and other times you get handed a revision that says it'll take an 2 hours to do and it takes 10 minutes. A lot of the time it evens out. other times it doesn't.

+1 here as well. I used to go home smelling like pizza and covered in sauce every night, that was gross. Now I come home covered in dust, dirt and sweaty, but for some reason that seems so much more preferable to the pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back