Archived More Devices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
My STL forwarded me an email from the weekly communication that went out to all the ETLs and STLs in the whole company saying due to the soon removal of PDAs and fourth quarter right around the corner, all store will be receiving more devices next week. I’m unsure of every store differs how many but we are getting 10. Doesn’t seem like a ton but it will definitely help.

My STL forwarded me an email from the weekly communication that went out to all the ETLs and STLs in the whole company saying due to the soon removal of PDAs and fourth quarter right around the corner, all store will be receiving more devices next week. I’m unsure of every store differs how many but we are getting 10. Doesn’t seem like a ton but it will definitely help.
We were only allowed 11 pda, so that sounds close to the right number.

Yay! We are always low on MyDevices, so I hope that we also receive some.

Our store has about 20 right now. Just got some new one's and some more radios in after the remodel. Definitely an improvement for busy days.

I hope it's more than 10 for us, 10 is fine for now but wait til still start hiring the q4 seasonals, they'll be gone in no time

can we just get random cashiers to stop taking myDevices unless they're specifically told they'll be working on a project that needs them? i'll come in to be GSA and pull a cashier off a checklane to do reshop and tell them "go grab a myDevice" and they're like "oh i already have one"

WHY do you already have one????? you're the reason I can't find one for when I'm picking SFS or OPU.

Lol 10 won’t do anything we always need devices as well especially since the seasonal hires we were always out!

We got lucky after my store got remodeled
We bought a bunch of devices and radios so now all of flow and backroom can have one
Its really nice not to have to figure out were something goes if the label on the box got torn off

can we just get random cashiers to stop taking myDevices unless they're specifically told they'll be working on a project that needs them? i'll come in to be GSA and pull a cashier off a checklane to do reshop and tell them "go grab a myDevice" and they're like "oh i already have one"

WHY do you already have one????? you're the reason I can't find one for when I'm picking SFS or OPU.

Unless your back stocking in flow, why do they each need one?

I hope we get a lot more, we sent out a bunch to get fixed and they haven't come back. I've been doing price change on a PDA all week and it's so slow.

More devices to leave laying around on the back room
I found 2 today just sitting in Wacos.

I asked one of my fellow cashiers why they check out a MyDevice and radio and they like being able to check prices on stuff.

🙄. Also, they're super slow. They just slow their line down checking stuff.

I asked one of my fellow cashiers why they check out a MyDevice and radio and they like being able to check prices on stuff.

🙄. Also, they're super slow. They just slow their line down checking stuff.
The SCO ™ should have a walkie and ideally a zebra and be the point of contact for other cashiers. But we don’t live in an ideal world so many stores don’t have enough equip.

We finally RFIDed Our Zebraz, so that solves the issue of only having 5 when the report says 20 more were active recently

& Bleep the cashiers tell them to download the target app, since their always on their phones anyways.

We finally RFIDed Our Zebraz, so that solves the issue of only having 5 when the report says 20 more were active recently

& Bleep the cashiers tell them to download the target app, since their always on their phones anyways.
Using your phone to help guests is voluntary and a leader should not give direction to do so.

There is also a very easy way in myhelp to view the last person to sign into a zebra.

The SCO ™ should have a walkie and ideally a zebra and be the point of contact for other cashiers. But we don’t live in an ideal world so many stores don’t have enough equip.
I don’t let any of my cashiers or SCO TMs grab equipment unless I ask them to go push reshop or help push truck. There is never a reason for them to need one of your GSA/GSTL is always present

That is frickin genius! How exactly do you do that? I'm sure it involves more than just slapping the sticker on it. That would solve the problem of whoever is taking apart the my checkout devices and not owning up to it when you call for it, then just putting the zebra part back with the rest. Those hide and seek games to relocate the right ones suck!

Does this work better than it did for the red apple iPod myDevices? I got a wonderful range of 3-5 feet aimed 100% directly at it with no obstacles in the way on the old ones - different tags/types of tags, location on the device, etc. Tags all worked fine at decent range when pulled off the device and just stuck on a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back