Archived More Devices!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is frickin genius! How exactly do you do that? I'm sure it involves more than just slapping the sticker on it. That would solve the problem of whoever is taking apart the my checkout devices and not owning up to it when you call for it, then just putting the zebra part back with the rest. Those hide and seek games to relocate the right ones suck!
Why not just log into myhelp and see the last person to sign in to it.

That is frickin genius! How exactly do you do that? I'm sure it involves more than just slapping the sticker on it. That would solve the problem of whoever is taking apart the my checkout devices and not owning up to it when you call for it, then just putting the zebra part back with the rest. Those hide and seek games to relocate the right ones suck!
Put the stick on the panel inside part of the unit where the battery goes. But not on the battery, at all.

What dpci do you use to tag?
I did this with the baby registry bag DPCI since it’s the only RFID enabled DPCI that wouldn’t mess up instocks for real items. The worst thing to happen is you count one or two extra bags but as long as you’re keeping them centrally located behind GS you shouldn’t have an issue. The only issue is the locate function on RFID only locates the first and closest item so if someone with a mydevice walks past you while you’re searching the backroom for a device you’ll have to back out and start over because it will automatically “find” the one that walked passed you.

Translation for my store. More MyDevices to hide. We have gone through so many solutions to properly maintain equipment, but always at the end, there's no commitment. After awhile, no one (applies to all) is held accountable.

I have been at spot for 10 years and never hidden equipment, I do now. After being left to sit for two hours one day since no one would give up equipment for SFS, we hide two of them. And our leadership telling me it was my problem.

I have been at spot for 10 years and never hidden equipment, I do now. After being left to sit for two hours one day since no one would give up equipment for SFS, we hide two of them. And our leadership telling me it was my problem.
I definitelly am familiar with situations like that. Logistics always needed a LPDA, PDA, red and new device so we could pull various batches and check inventory. We played our part by properly signing out and turning in equipment. When we had trustworthy/reliable people. There were a couple times where other ETLs and TLs try to blame my team and myself for hiding equipment. Not finished with it, no turn in. If you needed one, we give one up. Now, we are supposed to have 34 MyDevices (3 allocated to SFS and 1 to OPU), so which leaves 30 for the rest. ETLs, TLs and one, maybe two are divided to each respective team. We usually have 8 average unaccounted for. Still have 12 PDAs, sometimes they are hidden as well. We are supposed to sign out equipment, but again, no accountability. If I "hide" one, it's for Receiving/SFS/OPU.

I don’t know all the technical stuff behind actually setting it up but yeah AP literally slapped a rfid sticker inside it underneath the battery.

What dpci do you use to tag?
We used Undies but honestly the Gift Registry Bags Sounds like a better option

I did this with the baby registry bag DPCI since it’s the only RFID enabled DPCI that wouldn’t mess up instocks for real items. The worst thing to happen is you count one or two extra bags but as long as you’re keeping them centrally located behind GS you shouldn’t have an issue. The only issue is the locate function on RFID only locates the first and closest item so if someone with a mydevice walks past you while you’re searching the backroom for a device you’ll have to back out and start over because it will automatically “find” the one that walked passed you.

Do you think I could get that DPCI for the the baby registry bag?

Do you think I could get that DPCI for the the baby registry bag?
I can give it to you Monday but if you’re at work the barcode and DPCi are inside the bags. I took off one of the stickers to do all the encoding and stuck it back in the bag after.

My STL forwarded me an email from the weekly communication that went out to all the ETLs and STLs in the whole company saying due to the soon removal of PDAs and fourth quarter right around the corner, all store will be receiving more devices next week. I’m unsure of every store differs how many but we are getting 10. Doesn’t seem like a ton but it will definitely help.

This may not be a golden lining. With E2E, you are supposed to have more payroll and people. We were told the increase in devices was for that. I'm not doubting the email, but in the end, will stores be ahead after the PDA is gone?

Can we get some screen protectors for these things!? So many cracked soldiers...
When there is a full crew in store I know how the soldiers going into Iraq felt in '03

Last edited:
I can give it to you Monday but if you’re at work the barcode and DPCi are inside the bags. I took off one of the stickers to do all the encoding and stuck it back in the bag after.

I searched baby registry today in the MyDevice And two items came up with one being called a baby registry welcome kit and the other being a 8/12/2018 promotional item, but because we don't have any left at GS I'm unable to verify which one is the correct one, I know the welcome kit can be typed into RFID and DPCI is 030-94-0026 and the other is 030-94-0345

I wonder if there is a soft decor display that would be rfid enabled. Like, one of the display curtains or the opalhouse quilts. Then you literally aren't damaging any on hands at all, since you only ever need the one.

we sent some out to get fixed, and they sent a few extra back, then a random shipment came in. We now have 75 zebras for a ULV store. And no, you can’t have any. We have more zebras than walkies now.
So thats where our shipment went!:eek::p

Can we get some screen protectors for these things!? So many cracked soldiers...
When there is a full crew in store I know how the soldiers going into Iraq felt in '03
I dropped them from level 7 in the br (the top of the shelves) and have yet to crack glass. How did you do that. Its gorilla glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back