I'm Lost! More questions. Sorry.

Ok. So my first day went great. But it also prompted a few more questions.

1.) Nobody at my orientation or on my first day has told me about how/when I’m getting paid. I set up direct deposit on my own when I was finished with my online training, but nobody has told me to fill out a W4. This is my first job, so I don’t know how to do a W4. Do I even need to do a W4? I’m only hired for seasonal work, so maybe I don’t need to. If I do need to do it, how? Will the trainer or somebody bring it to me on my first real training day? Or am I expected to do it on my own? How was this handled when you were hired?

2.) I’m sure my trainer will teach me about this, but what the heck do I do with a walkie-talkie?

3.) I understand the timing of breaks, but what do I have to do before I take a break? Do I just drop everything I’m doing to go on break? Do I have to announce it to everybody that I’m going on break? I work in fulfillment, so the work is pretty independent.

4.) This question is for fulfillment workers. Are you required to wear all black? I just spent a bunch of money on red shirts, and I don’t really have any plain black shirts.

Thanks again. I’m sure a trainer will teach about most of these things. I’m mostly just anxious about the payment question

1.) W-4 should more or less be automatically done without you explicitly filling it out.
During orientation it asked me a few tax-related questions, it used my answers to those to be the equivalent of a W-4 as far as I am aware because all the other info that would go on one they already have.

2.) Press the button and then speak into it...

3.) You should still announce when you go on a break and when you get back. Just say something like:

"Team, this is <name> and I'm taking my first 15 minute break."
also,:

"Team, this is <name>, and I'm back from break.

Into the walkie of course.

4.) Fulfillment isn't my primary workcenter, but I have done it in the past, and do know my store lets fulfillment employees wear basically anything they feel like wearing this time of year. They are not made to wear black shirts, they are simply discouraged from wearing red shirts.

Back