More Team Leader positions?!

Does anybody know if they are adding beauty team leaders and flow team leaders to the org chart?

Last edited:
We got an extra specialty TL for fourth quarter to cover beauty and electronics only and retained the softlines TL, but that position got absorbed into just one TL to cover all 3 areas again. We always had an inbound TL - haven’t heard anything about adding a second. We gained one TL position - Fulfillment only - with no GM depts. Which leaves us with 3 GM TL - only 2 of which own a process in addition to depts.

My store is starting overnight inbound for six months. I'm the overnight inbound TL. I will only own the truck, no areas of the store. Our early morning inbound TL will still own essentials (hba, pets, paper, chem, baby). The goal is to take 12 trucks a week and come clean on truck push by the time we leave at 6:30 am. Now I just need a team!

My store is starting overnight inbound for six months. I'm the overnight inbound TL. I will only own the truck, no areas of the store. Our early morning inbound TL will still own essentials (hba, pets, paper, chem, baby). The goal is to take 12 trucks a week and come clean on truck push by the time we leave at 6:30 am. Now I just need a team!
The more things change the more they stay the same... Sounds like a flow team to me.

Sounds like you own the whole store . And your morning inbound will own the 141 , zone price change and setting .

You run batteries and gift card?
Yes, it was part of the original GM3 TL modernization rollout and my store never changed it. We recently received a Fulfillment Ops TL position so I lost fulfillment and gained Inbound Ops...

Anywho, does anyone know what the volume cutoff for a dedicated Inbound TL is? I can't seem to figure it out.

Sounds like you own the whole store . And your morning inbound will own the 141 , zone price change and setting .
As the former closing TL I'm used to owning the whole store. My inbound team will definitely be pushing the store but no other DBO routines. Its going to be interesting as I have multiple DBOs moving to my team. Also, there's been some tension between the TLs that own p1 and p2 over who's side gets pushed better depending on which TL ran inbound that day. Would love any advice as I've scoured these posts and you have alot of experience in inbound. I know we definitely need a team and we're working on that aspect.

As the former closing TL I'm used to owning the whole store. My inbound team will definitely be pushing the store but no other DBO routines. Its going to be interesting as I have multiple DBOs moving to my team. Also, there's been some tension between the TLs that own p1 and p2 over who's side gets pushed better depending on which TL ran inbound that day. Would love any advice as I've scoured these posts and you have alot of experience in inbound. I know we definitely need a team and we're working on that aspect.

How many team members will you have? How many throwers? How long it takes you to do two trucks ? Do you have the ability to throw two trucks at once?

How many team members will you have? How many throwers? How long it takes you to do two trucks ? Do you have the ability to throw two trucks at once?
Unfortunately we can't throw 2 trucks at once because we don't have enough skates. We are struggling as far as getting enough TMs but we are finally getting some interest so hopefully we can build the team over the next six weeks.

I have 3 throwers total but one is on vacation for the next 2 week's and one is brand new (he says he threw truck for Walmart so I'm hoping he works out).

We took 2 trucks (about 1900 each) last Monday early morning and unload took about 2 hours each. The issue with early morning is trying to unload with a thrower, 2 p1 sorters, 1 p2 sorter and me pushing the line.

We are doing our first true overnight tonight with 9 TMs so I'm going to try 2 throwers, line pusher and 6 sorters. I want to get this 1900 truck unloaded in less than 2 hours. Wish me luck!

I've read this thread several times 😁
Lots of good information and I didn't look like an idiot with my first unload (although my team may say different)
This is how I know allnew2 is the person to go to for advice. She definitely knows her shit!

We are doing our first true overnight tonight with 9 TMs so I'm going to try 2 throwers, line pusher and 6 sorters. I want to get this 1900 truck unloaded in less than 2 hours. Wish me luck!
If I was you I would stick to 5 sorter and 1 unloader. 1900 is not bad . The game is not to rush it . If you let it ride out you will get your time(less then 2 hours) as well as a better sort, the more people you have on the line the more clustered it will be. Utilize your other team member to push , one can be your bulk person ( Pipo , furniture , plastics) the other person can do p1 in terms of one uboat chem , one pets etc. And one person market same way . Once trucks are done rest can be blitzed out.
Don’t rush it . If you get Pipo move it to the left side of the truck and call your bulk person to grab it , let your unloader just unload , and you can be the pace setter , anticipate your teams needs , change their vehicles .
You goal tonight is to start on time , if you supposed to start at 10:00 pn but you start at 10:20 you already are behind . Don’t rush it let it ride and keep it clean you will meet your time .

I agree with allnew. Have the standard amount of people unloading and utilize the other tms to push to keep things running smooth. Check the truck, jave one person work on bulk/pipo another working on anything coming in heavy, for an example my store its pretty common to get 200 plus diapers and 100 plus wipes on a truck. Assess your problem areas and adjust to that. Good luck

Took our first 4K double of the season last week and the team had a fit with 8 people back there for the first few minutes. But once it got rolling it felt great getting a 2300 truck done in under 2 hours when the regular inbound struggles getting a 2 hour unload on 1700ish.

Took our first 4K double of the season last week and the team had a fit with 8 people back there for the first few minutes. But once it got rolling it felt great getting a 2300 truck done in under 2 hours when the regular inbound struggles getting a 2 hour unload on 1700ish.
Nice we had a 2600 and a 1700 this week, went better then expected tbh. Especially since it was all gm/market style got less then 40 repacks total. Was really hoping they got slammed and not just us 😂

2 trucks 4h is duo-able

Back