Archived MRC ( merchandise return card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not, yet! We get a lot of scammers who return stuff without a receipt ( stolen stuff, stuff they get from goodwill or for free) and they take the gift card to the safeway across the street to cash it out at the gift card machine. I am hoping this will help a little with the scammers.

Although I was always annoyed at Forever 21's return policy, it now makes sense after I've done a stint at GS. No matter how it was purchased, a return gets store credit. Now if they (Target) added in this merchandise card option, bingo. I anticipate alot of unhappy guests though...if Target ever decided to be that stringent.

Stores should see these by the 23rd. Its a visually different gift card only used for no receipt returns that has limitations including not being able to purchase other gift cards, purchase items at Target.com and you can only check the balance in store. If your one of the states that allows cashing out gift cards (I'm looking at you Cali) you can still do that.

All stores in the USA on the 23rd? As in tomorrow? And crash course training for GS, I assume?

Yes but I anticipate that not happening. And GS would need enough knowledge to explain to the guest what it is and why the new cards exist and how they work, etc. So yes, there would be some training (i.e., communication) involved.

Last edited:
Stores should see these by the 23rd. Its a visually different gift card only used for no receipt returns that has limitations including not being able to purchase other gift cards, purchase items at Target.com and you can only check the balance in store. If your one of the states that allows cashing out gift cards (I'm looking at you Cali) you can still do that.
A lot of fraud with guests being able to cash out GC.

This might explain why all the white logo gift cards disappeared yesterday without warning. And I know we had boxes upon boxes of those.. I help the girl who does gift cards with stock of them.. So I know we had them.. The ETL GE was like "Oh just use whatever you can find." So we raided the GSTL office aka the closet for the boxes of "fun" gift cards to use..

we haven't gotten them yet at my store

is this also what we use for Buy X get GC free? or are they still the white ones?

Nope, still use the white ones for that. Apparently they don't work until you have the v49 POS upgrade.
what else is in v49? does anyone have the release notes from redwire/workbench?

and are these JUST for no receipt returns or any return on a GC (gift receipt, just want a GC instead of back on card)? can it be overridden by GSTL/A if needed to normal GC?

Not, yet! We get a lot of scammers who return stuff without a receipt ( stolen stuff, stuff they get from goodwill or for free) and they take the gift card to the safeway across the street to cash it out at the gift card machine. I am hoping this will help a little with the scammers.

Don't forget the junkies who pickup receipts in the parking lot, find it on the salesfloor and return it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back