Archived MRC ( merchandise return card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically it is not a GC. I know the paperwork we got said if we are in one of the states that do GC cash outs we also do them on these cards. What is the point of issuing these cards if they can just cash them out?
We have to cash out gift cards, but I am wondering if we can claim that these are not gift cards? All I know is that I was told not to, so I won't. If Target gets sued by some meth addict, I'd be surprised. It's going to be some gross housewife with coupon fraud if anyone sues.

We have to cash out gift cards, but I am wondering if we can claim that these are not gift cards? All I know is that I was told not to, so I won't. If Target gets sued by some meth addict, I'd be surprised. It's going to be some gross housewife with coupon fraud if anyone sues.
That is what I was thinking. I am calling them a Merchandise card and not a GC.

I did a return today with a gift receipt and it made me issue MRC. I think that's not fair for gift givers at all. It should be a gift card. They didn't choose the wrong gift. I can see this going extremely bad. I am all for non-receipt returns.

Why would it be a problem? The intent behind a gift receipt is that the person can return a gift and be able to buy different merchandise from the store. Why would most people balk at the type of card if all they are doing is redeeming it in store?

Yeah 9/10 people who are using a gift receipt turn around, walk the store and find something to replace it. I don't think a lot of guests (at least in my store) use their GCs online.

I found one on the floor last night and with everything going wrong at the store last night I completely forgot about turning it in and left it sitting on the fitting room desk. I remembered it around 4am. Any idea what kind of trouble I'm going to get in?

Well if you just left it there, I don't see the problem. Just call FR today and tell them to turn it in.

Yeah as long as you didn't keep it you shouldn't get much more than a "next time turn it into GSTL" the fitting room person probably turned it in.

It was still sitting on the desk when I arrived, and right at that moment one of the TPS walked by. It was literally the only thing that went right with my day.

I had a return with a receipt and they gave me a return card . Not gift card . I still have my receipt . Can I sell this card ?

I had a return with a receipt and they gave me a return card . Not gift card . I still have my receipt . Can I sell this card ?
I doubt anyone's gonna buy that from you.
Only certain returns qualify for gift card refunds. Most ID-only returns or same-day returns will go to an MRC.

Also, MRCs can't be used on Target.com or the app.

I mean.... you probably COULD sell it. You'd probably have to take a loss on it though because why would someone pay for a restricted gift card (which is what a merch card is). Treat yourself to some Starbucks or something if there's really nothing in the whole store that you want other than another GiftCard.

You can't use them online so most people will not want them. Like previously stated you would be better off using it at Starbucks or buying food

As someone who has worked sales/retail/GS/CS for over a decade now, I am honestly confused why 99% of you even bother working any job at all involving customer interaction/service. Your JOB is to help the customer; not to look down on people you perceive to be beneath you on your pedestal of unjustified judgement.

As someone who has worked sales/retail/GS/CS for over a decade now, I am honestly confused why 99% of you even bother working any job at all involving customer interaction/service. Your JOB is to help the customer; not to look down on people you perceive to be beneath you on your pedestal of unjustified judgement.
This is a site where people come to vent after a long day at work. keep that in mind.

I’m not denying that addicts and scammers make up a majority of people who abuse any system they can in their benefit; trust me, they have probably made up over 50% of the customers I’ve dealt with in the last decade. But every major corporation has anywhere between millions to hundreds of millions of dollars factored into their loss - profit margin every year; and obviously still make a considerable profit while paying all your checks.

we have guests but otherwise i agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back