Archived Must Submit Sick Time within 72 Hours of Returning to Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got it last night. I hadn't realized that wasn't already policy. But then again, I haven't used any of my sick time yet.

I just got that today. I thought policy was when you return to work, fill out sick time request. I guess that was the unofficial policy but now it’s 72 hours.

Corrective Action? What does that mean? So if you ask, "Hey can I use my sick time?" And then HR says, "No, it's been 73 hours, how dare you ask, you're in trouble now."

You sure this isn't an april fools joke on you?

I just got it last night. I hadn't realized that wasn't already policy. But then again, I haven't used any of my sick time yet.

I just got that today. I thought policy was when you return to work, fill out sick time request. I guess that was the unofficial policy but now it’s 72 hours.

You both are great! There are definitely people who don't turn in sick time forms until week(s)/month(s) later. My guess is that since some people keep taking their sweet time to turn things in, they have to set a deadline to get people to be more prompt.

Why are they sending us work related stuff at home?
Should I do a punch correction for the time it took me to read the letter and understand it?

I think that it is because they consider sick time to be benefits-related so it is ok to mail you stuff about it.

Corrective Action? What does that mean? So if you ask, "Hey can I use my sick time?" And then HR says, "No, it's been 73 hours, how dare you ask, you're in trouble now."

You sure this isn't an april fools joke on you?

The corrective action part means that they can write you up for the absence if you don't request to use sick time for it by the deadline.

I think that it is because they consider sick time to be benefits-related so it is ok to mail you stuff about it.

The corrective action part means that they can write you up for the absence if you don't request to use sick time for it by the deadline.

So you HAVE to use sick time, if you call out sick?

So you HAVE to use sick time, if you call out sick?

You are not guaranteed to receive a write up for the absence but I would totally use sick time to be on the safe side.

You still can be counseled whether you use sick time or not. the chances of being actually terminated are minimized if sick time is used.

Actually, I did get a letter about this. I barely opened it today. Lol, whoops. My concern is, sometimes I can't even get the sick time form because HR isn't there when I'm in.

Our store used to let you basically use sick time as vacation time. I was just told that's not the case anymore.

wait really? I never use my sick time because I rarely call out. I would use it when I was low on hours...

That's the norm at my store, too. This is going to be a tough adjustment. Though I'm not sure why Target cares how we use the sick time we have earned??

Our store used to let you basically use sick time as vacation time. I was just told that's not the case anymore.

Based on what was written in older versions of the time off guides, it is definitely not a recent change that sick time should only be used for missing shifts due to health-related reasons. Certain stores just didn't enforce this policy until recently which made TMs think that the right to use sick time like vacation time has been taken away. The truth is that those stores weren't supposed to let TMs use it like that in the first place.

Did anyone else receive this letter in the mail?

View attachment 4990
Yea I did. It scares me. I don't fully understand it and I feel like there is a catch to it. Is someone trying to steal sick time? Is that what it's trying to say? What is it with the 72 hour notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back