Archived My complaint Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is weird to come on here and complain when I actually really like working for Target, but lately it seems like management has no clue what they're doing. I have worked at Target since April 2012. I work on the Flow team. When I first started, it was a month after the remodel... aka the month after they added p-fresh. They had all of the Flow team come over and stock the frozen and dairy (yogurt, cheese, milk, and juice) and then had 3 people stay behind and push the rest of the pallets... (By the way, I really hate it when the FDC puts eggs on the bottom, then stacks a random pallet on top of it, then another random pallet on that.) After about 4 months of the Flow team helping, they stopped sending them over, and the 3 people had to stock all of it... and still do. (It also doesn't make since to me that we bring out new stuff from the truck to push when we still have old stuff in the coolers that need to go out first.) I became one of the 3 people about a month before Flow team stopped helping with the pfresh push. (Currently, I am the point person (sign the paper work and acknowledge the truck) with 2 new people who just started working for Target less than a month ago, because they decided to move one of my original guys to afternoon backroom and the other original p-fresh stocker now only pulls p-fresh auto fills, pushes them, and backstocks our p-fresh backstock when we are done.)
We get the FDC trucks on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and the GM trucks on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. Always hop onto the GM truck when we finish pfresh. My favorite day of the week is Tuesdays because all I have to worry about is the GM truck.
Starting May 13th, we are moving to the 6am process (currently at 4am) but they are changing how we do things, and yesterday we started practice. We did push all, left everything in the back of the store, and only pushed one pallet at a time. We had 2 people in the truck and 5 people on the line. 2 people breaking out hanging in receiving with limited space and 2 people out on the softlines sales floor breaking out folding clothes, accessories, shoes, and baby basics. Everyone else pushing one pallet at a time while the truck was still being unloaded... Not bowling, but taking one thing off the pallet, pushing it, then another thing off the pallet, pushing it, until it was all stocked, then 1 person would go back to the line to get another pallet while the other people stood out on the floor looking like idiots.
I wish p-fresh would stay at 4am so we don't interfere with the other truck being unloaded. Unloading 2 trucks at the same time is a disaster.
By the way, having only 4 people in softlines is just stupid. They were still there 2 hours after hardlines flow members left... but if softlines were to finish before hardlines, those 4 people would have to go help hardlines...

Try breaking out all of softlines on the floor with a 6am unload time with one breaking out hanging and one breaking out folding. On heavy days, it's a mess. Guests have trouble getting through the aisle, and we continually get very dirty looks.

If I could complain about one thing in the 2 and a half years I've been with spot. I completely hate and disagree with the new 6am unload time.

We've had it in place for about a month now. Sure there are more team members on the sales floor for guests to approach. But the store looks like absolute crap for the first few hours for our guests when the doors open. You can't walk down half the isles in section A (Health, Beauty, Cosmetics, Cleaning Supplies, Pet Care for us) because there are carts, box cages, garbage, and team members clogging them all up. All the clothing racks in girls are shoved back from the main isle and there are 15-20 carts full of product just sitting there with team members opening them or breaking down boxes. There are no PDA's/LPDA's or walkies for the GSTL, the Fitting Room/Operator, Guest Service, The Cart Attendant, Electronics, or Pricing/Presentation TM's. The first few hours every five minutes: "Does anybody have an LPDA/PDA for (fill in the blank)." And usually nobody responds or offers to give them up unless you're extremely lucky.

I heard they finally placed an order for more walkies, but we won't be getting any other new equipment to accommodate so many team members on the sales floor at the same time. I thought maybe it would get better after a few weeks, but it doesn't seem to me like it is at least at our store. I also love how we have a designated Flexible Fulfillment PDA that every Guest Service team member is responsible for locking away in the photo closet at the end of the night so the opening GS TM can process FF orders for the next day. Yet every single morning the door is unlocked and the PDA is stolen and handed out to a Flow TM so the opening GS TM doesn't have it anyway. Wonder why we were red for return to stock last month? lol Honestly, what's the point of locking it away or even having a designated GS PDA if they just steal it every single day anyway?

So basically what I was trying to convey in my rant, is our store is the most disorganized disaster with team members stressed out trying to find equipment, process FF orders in a timely manner, team members tripping over one another in confusion in the cluttered backroom, and Guests that can't walk down isles to get what they need for the first few hours. Doesn't exactly seem like a well oiled machine for guests to me. But hey, it is what it is. I just go with it even though I don't agree with it or like it much. I'm done complaining now. Sorry I made it so long, but it did feel kind of nice to vent.

If I could complain about one thing in the 2 and a half years I've been with spot. I completely hate and disagree with the new 6am unload time.

We've had it in place for about a month now. Sure there are more team members on the sales floor for guests to approach. But the store looks like absolute crap for the first few hours for our guests when the doors open. You can't walk down half the isles in section A (Health, Beauty, Cosmetics, Cleaning Supplies, Pet Care for us) because there are carts, box cages, garbage, and team members clogging them all up. All the clothing racks in girls are shoved back from the main isle and there are 15-20 carts full of product just sitting there with team members opening them or breaking down boxes. There are no PDA's/LPDA's or walkies for the GSTL, the Fitting Room/Operator, Guest Service, The Cart Attendant, Electronics, or Pricing/Presentation TM's. The first few hours every five minutes: "Does anybody have an LPDA/PDA for (fill in the blank)." And usually nobody responds or offers to give them up unless you're extremely lucky.

I heard they finally placed an order for more walkies, but we won't be getting any other new equipment to accommodate so many team members on the sales floor at the same time. I thought maybe it would get better after a few weeks, but it doesn't seem to me like it is at least at our store. I also love how we have a designated Flexible Fulfillment PDA that every Guest Service team member is responsible for locking away in the photo closet at the end of the night so the opening GS TM can process FF orders for the next day. Yet every single morning the door is unlocked and the PDA is stolen and handed out to a Flow TM so the opening GS TM doesn't have it anyway. Wonder why we were red for return to stock last month? lol Honestly, what's the point of locking it away or even having a designated GS PDA if they just steal it every single day anyway?

So basically what I was trying to convey in my rant, is our store is the most disorganized disaster with team members stressed out trying to find equipment, process FF orders in a timely manner, team members tripping over one another in confusion in the cluttered backroom, and Guests that can't walk down isles to get what they need for the first few hours. Doesn't exactly seem like a well oiled machine for guests to me. But hey, it is what it is. I just go with it even though I don't agree with it or like it much. I'm done complaining now. Sorry I made it so long, but it did feel kind of nice to vent.

I completely agree with this! We get so many guests rolling their eyes, making comments, and getting mad because they can't even shop in the morning. Grocery is really bad because they just bowl all the boxes down the aisles so when we open at 8 there are just boxes laying everywhere and you can't even go down the aisles with a cart. Beauty, health, pets etc. is always really really bad too. I wonder if enough people complain if they will potentially move it back to 4 am? Probably not though

You could always try the Signing position where there is usually nobody else in the store who understands what you do every day but everyone expects you to do what they want right away.
Your responsibilities vary depending on the time of year and how the ETL's feel at any particular moment.
The one room you have to keep neat is the dumping ground for every department in the store.
Your hours are given and taken away with no reason.
The signage arrives damaged if it arrives at all.
And you have to work closely with one of the teams that is often made up with the worse prima donnas in the store with a TL who is often beaten like a redheaded stepchild.

Last edited:
Working at Starbux during Crappy....er......Frappy hour when you're alone during the 2 hr block sux max.
And no one else in the store knows anything to be able to help out. I think we may have a winner here.
I'm not 100% trained in Starbucks, but I'd jump in to run the register at least, have done it before. I don't understand why more people aren't cross-trained in Starbucks.

I can do dishes and can sort of ring up orders if I'm feeling brave, but that's about it...usually at my SB, they really need someone who can make drinks...and I think, unless you are interested in taking actual shifts back there, they figure it's too much training for the occasional back up.

That said...today's hell was no cashiers until nearly noon. I was never so thankful to not be in charge of the lanes.

I go over and do that as needed...or I did until the "GSA does not leave the front of the lanes without a hall pass" initiative. Now I would go over as needed if I can get a TL to cover the lanes (because we all know they would never stoop to the level of SB).

Honestly, my second week of GSAing I got yelled at by a SBTM for not responding to the backup button. When I pointed out that I wasn't trained back there, and thus had no idea I needed to respond, I was informed anyone could do dishes. So whenever the button goes off and I'm GSA, I try to swing by if I'm free. And if it's the SBTM who yelled at me, she just generally rolls her eyes and tells me not to bother most of the time, since rinsing dishes isn't good enough for her, apparently. Honestly, I'm glad she found a new job last month and myTime basically termed her for cutting herself down to one day a week.

I'm also one of the very few who is brave enough to attempt food ave back up (generally for when they are either swamped at SB or they are running a break and down a person and people end up at both sides at once). I can't do much, but I have figured out enough to get through most of the guests with a little help of, "where the heck is the cheese sauce?" questioning as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back