My fellow TL's are setting me up for failure.

I'm a GMTL who's being treated very unfairly by all of the other TL's at my store and I don't even know where to begin.

For starters, we have one annoying guy at the registers who always puts on a stupid voice whenever he gets on the walkie to ask guest service for more change. One day he'll do it in a wild west cowboy voice, the next he'll do Yoda, then he'll do Kermit the Frog, and so on. It annoys the crap out of me when he does it and I first tried to put a stop to it by making a passing comment to one of the front end leaders. She just smiled and said that she likes it. Then during one of my closing shifts, he asked for change in a Homer Simpson voice and I pulled him aside and told him to knock it off with the dumb voices. I told him to talk on the walkie normally or else he's being coached, which thankfully got him to stop, but it apparently pissed off the front end TL to the point where she reported me to our SD and he gave me a talking to in his office. The front end TL didn't have my back on a subject in which I was clearly in the right.
You obviously have a crush on the dude. Get his snap after work

There was also one incident where our HR ETL brought in pizza for the store. I had just got off my lunch when the pizza arrived and I skipped my final fifteen to back up E-pick because we had two call outs and we needed the back-up. Guess who was the only TL to not get any pizza? It was all gone by the time I had clocked out for the day, but I couldn't help but notice that one of our Style leaders had four whole slices in her plate. I shot her the dirtiest look possible and mockingly told her to enjoy the pizza.
You snooze you lose. No one is expected to save pizza for you. What next Fuller spills pepsi all over your plane tickets?

It's now at a point where the other TL's exclude me and treat me like a pariah. A lot of them hang out together outside of work and I never get invited to join them. They stop talking about their plans and go silent whenever I walk into a room and they just don't engage in conversation with me like they do with each other. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get them on my side. I could on with other stories, but these are just a few to paint a picture of what I'm dealing with.
I recommend ordering pizza....

Do you seriously think that anybody wants to hear stupid voices on the walkie when we're dealing with a rush and guests are yelling at us about not enough registers being opened? Fuck that. We clock in to do work and do it the right way.
You already used this plotline in your last chapter, except you were gonna get in trouble for making noises on the walkie. You should probably take notes on this novel... it's very ppor form to rehash an earlier story....

I'm a GMTL who's being treated very unfairly by all of the other TL's at my store and I don't even know where to begin.

For starters, we have one annoying guy at the registers who always puts on a stupid voice whenever he gets on the walkie to ask guest service for more change. One day he'll do it in a wild west cowboy voice, the next he'll do Yoda, then he'll do Kermit the Frog, and so on. It annoys the crap out of me when he does it and I first tried to put a stop to it by making a passing comment to one of the front end leaders. She just smiled and said that she likes it. Then during one of my closing shifts, he asked for change in a Homer Simpson voice and I pulled him aside and told him to knock it off with the dumb voices. I told him to talk on the walkie normally or else he's being coached, which thankfully got him to stop, but it apparently pissed off the front end TL to the point where she reported me to our SD and he gave me a talking to in his office. The front end TL didn't have my back on a subject in which I was clearly in the right.

There was also one incident where our HR ETL brought in pizza for the store. I had just got off my lunch when the pizza arrived and I skipped my final fifteen to back up E-pick because we had two call outs and we needed the back-up. Guess who was the only TL to not get any pizza? It was all gone by the time I had clocked out for the day, but I couldn't help but notice that one of our Style leaders had four whole slices in her plate. I shot her the dirtiest look possible and mockingly told her to enjoy the pizza.

It's now at a point where the other TL's exclude me and treat me like a pariah. A lot of them hang out together outside of work and I never get invited to join them. They stop talking about their plans and go silent whenever I walk into a room and they just don't engage in conversation with me like they do with each other. I'm just wondering what I have to do to get them on my side. I could on with other stories, but these are just a few to paint a picture of what I'm dealing with.
Stfu already.

First of all I can't believe I missed this post until now.

Second, now you know how all of the team members felt when you and your friends were sitting around on the clock at the beginning of your shift while you are donuts.

When our store ordered pizza it is first come first serve, no one is saving pizza for anyone else. How did you expect anyone to know to save you any? You could have asked or just saved some for yourself. They can't order it when everyone is going on break at the same time, it's not reasonable or possible.

I kind of see where you are coming from with the voices, but he is doing it in a work situation by asking for money. We used to have a guy who would play music on the walkie when and would say he was trying to cheer everyone up, I had a conversation with him and he stopped.

Maybe everyones problem with you telling him to stop wasn't you telling him to stop, but maybe how you told him to stop. I'm sure you didn't handle it professionally or with any type of class, you don't earn respect that way.

I really think you've got a gem of an employee there and you should leave him be. If only every store could have some personality and bling like that.

I don't mean to attack you in any way whatsoever at all so don't take it the wrong way. You say that your fellow TMS are unkind to you. Please look at yourself and the way that you're acting and judging individuals. People are repelled by those that condemn other people that are just trying to enjoy life and add something to it.

Back