Archived My First Adjacency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

I just set my first adjacency ever today. I am being moved from pricing to softlines, due to the changes to handed down by HQ.

Everything went well, despite the smallest maps still having too many rows in comparison my itty bitty tinny winnie department. That was until I got to swimwear. I am missing 2 4 prong racks, so right everything is crammed on 1 4 prong and 1 convertible. Some of the product is flexed elsewhere in the department where there are lighter racks. Was told by my brand team member that she thought the person before me loaned some of the fixtures to another department. Don't think I will ever see these again. I guess I will need to get with my leader to see about ordering some more racks.

Just glad that the adjacency is only a guide and that I can make changes as need be. Others in my store tend not to see this. Instead they set the first rows almost exactly and then just flex the last two rows.

For something focal like swimwear I highly recommend robbing those racks from another department. In my district we'd get our behinds nailed to the wall if they walked and it wasn't set to adjacency!

Or check back in the 400's and see if they got shoved back there the last time they weren't needed and nobody could figure out what to do with them. :}

all departments except for infants have the same size quads (4-prong racks as you called them) so you can switch out stuff from other departments..they aren't allocated to specific departments and the adjacency rack requirements change every set.

For something focal like swimwear I highly recommend robbing those racks from another department. In my district we'd get our behinds nailed to the wall if they walked and it wasn't set to adjacency!

Had a visit the day I set, but our new DTL did not walk my department.

Congrats on setting your first one! What's your department?
I have RTW intimate activewear boys shoes and accessories :)

Welcome to the carpet! What I noticed a change theyre looking for when they walk is the signing. If two convertibles are pushed together the signing connects at the top Which will hopefully prevent the guests from going crazy and movin them around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back