Archived My LODs be like "Flexs should take 5 minutes at most"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's situations like this that I wish Target could establish an item-count limit on Flex orders. Of course, if we did that, the guests would just put in multiple orders, which would make the pick-up process take up even more time. So never mind.

My point is, the whole purpose of online pickup is to get guests into the store AND onto the floor to (ideally) add more to their basket. Yes, we're making the sale on what they actually ordered, but we're missing out on the impulse buys and effects of sales planner merchandising if the guest never actually makes it out to the sales floor.

One idea that I think could help make these large Flex orders worth picking is giving guests additional discounts on their orders if they also make an in-store purchase that same day. Something like a "Spend $25 in store, get an extra 5% off your online pickup" deal. All they would need to do is bring their store receipt to guest service, and the TM could have the option to apply the 5% discount when they pick up their order, or issue it as a missed discount if they had previously picked it up. I realize this would require an upgrade to myGO. Get on it, Target IT!

It's situations like this that I wish Target could establish an item-count limit on Flex orders. Of course, if we did that, the guests would just put in multiple orders, which would make the pick-up process take up even more time. So never mind.

My point is, the whole purpose of online pickup is to get guests into the store AND onto the floor to (ideally) add more to their basket. Yes, we're making the sale on what they actually ordered, but we're missing out on the impulse buys and effects of sales planner merchandising if the guest never actually makes it out to the sales floor.

One idea that I think could help make these large Flex orders worth picking is giving guests additional discounts on their orders if they also make an in-store purchase that same day. Something like a "Spend $25 in store, get an extra 5% off your online pickup" deal. All they would need to do is bring their store receipt to guest service, and the TM could have the option to apply the 5% discount when they pick up their order, or issue it as a missed discount if they had previously picked it up. I realize this would require an upgrade to myGO. Get on it, Target IT!
Or, just move the pick-up counter to the back of the store (cut a window into the sales floor/back room wall). That way you get them to walk the floor and they don't have to wait in line behind the returns, price adjustment, and coupon scammer guests at the GS desk.

How important are impulse sales to brick and mortar stores? Just a few weeks ago I checked-out a couple who told me: "We only came in here to pick-up a prescription!" I rang them up for $149 and change in additional merchandise that they had no intention of buying when they walked into the store.

Or, just move the pick-up counter to the back of the store (cut a window into the sales floor/back room wall). That way you get them to walk the floor and they don't have to wait in line behind the returns, price adjustment, and coupon scammer guests at the GS desk.

How important are impulse sales to brick and mortar stores? Just a few weeks ago I checked-out a couple who told me: "We only came in here to pick-up a prescription!" I rang them up for $149 and change in additional merchandise that they had no intention of buying when they walked into the store.

Then they would have to staff that window. Which would mean yet another thing for the receiver to do. Yeah not happening..

Or, after they spend $XX on a flex, they can save 5% on anything else they buy in store the SAME day. Feel like there has to be a min. spend on the flex or someone will buy just a notebook to get the discount.

Customers use in store pickup for the convenience, and it's not convenient at all to walk to the back of the store. Even Walmart has noticed this and is putting online pickup areas at the front of new stores.

Customers use in store pickup for the convenience, and it's not convenient at all to walk to the back of the store. Even Walmart has noticed this and is putting online pickup areas at the front of new stores.

It's also easier for security to keep an eye on the customer as they leave the store. Coming from the back of the store affords the customer the opportunity to 'add' or 'change' the items that have already been paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back