• Replies 5
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrTaskMule

lol i got hired back. so i better delete the badmouthing

Last edited by a moderator:
We understand things don't always work out. The cart job has become a cashier job in some stores. Don't let fear of what if control you. Decide for change & stick to it. Spot still has those crazy red card goals & high expectations on team members. Low pay too.
Have you check with your city or county service on a program called Workforce? It will teach you new skills, how to get a job, get better interview skills & other great options for little or no cost.
The first step of change is hardest, which is to decide to make it happen. Believe in yourself & don't accept defeat. Make goals to yourself everyday, like walk a few extra steps, change some bad habits, etc.
You are not alone. We will be here to support you, if you need us. We are a team.

Last edited:
It is very strange and surreal what happened afterwards. My STL, some ETLs and GSTL acted like I stabbed them in the back. My GSTL publicly called me a "turncoat" while making sure many people were within earshot. The HR TM made a scene about it when I went to go clock out (this was after I made it clear to her that I didn't want my departure to be divulged to anybody that didn't need to know, so that led to constant inquiries from other team members, (it's kinda embarrassing to basically admit to people, "yeah, I'm so socially inept, I can't bag groceries anymore, so now I gotta sell hamburgers" and it was either that or not answer and seem like a dismissive douche) and my STL came up to me when I was doing a pull and was basically like, "Really, why would you do that? I'm very disappointed in you" I'd never left a job before, but seemed like that's not supposed to be normal. I've seen dozens leave the job and never seen anything like it.

That isn't appropriate at all. I've had a fair amount of part time jobs in the past and whenever I gave notice they basically just said 'okay' and asked me when my last day would be. No one ever made me feel like a traitor. I don't understand why a company like Target would expect their low-level team members to be loyal to the company if they aren't willing to do anything that would make people want to be loyal to them. I have a friend that works at a pet food company; they a great company (good pay, nice benefits, decent pension program, promote/hire internally a lot, etc), but the company does want/expect you to be loyal to them and they want that to be your final place of employment because you work their for the rest of your career. But that company does a lot of things to keep workers happy so they don't want to leave. If Target doesn't do much to keep people happy (for example allowing them to go back to being a cart attendant) then they shouldn't be surprised or upset when people leave. I'm sorry for the rant, but they were completely out of line and you shouldn't feel like you did anything wrong.

On another note -- you might want to check out Toast Masters. You mentioned your interview skills aren't up to par and that group might help. The group focuses on public speaking skills, but I think that could help improve interviews skills and it might also help with social skills (by getting you out of your comfort zone). Being good at interviews is a skills that can be learned if you work at it.

Last edited:
On a more personal note -- it does sound like you would benefit from some professional support since you do sound depressed (removing mirrors to avoid your reflection) and you mentioned issues with depression and suicidal thoughts in the past. I'm not sure how if works in other states, but in my state if you are below the federal poverty line you can get state health care and normally the state health insurance is quite good. Also there support groups for almost everything. I'd do some google searches and maybe you can find a support group for people with aspergers or for people who are struggling with employment.

I know having a job is important, but being happy is important as well.

Hopefully these suggestions aren't out of line, but as someone who understand these feelings; I don't want you to keep feeling that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back