Archived My store keeps changing processes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does everyone else's store keep changing processes as much as ours does? The first year was stable. Then in the past year the processes and experiments have multiplied and multiplied. There have been situations where we've been told that changes happened because corporate wants to experiment on us. I'm not going to give details as to why that may be because it might be providing to much information so sorry if I'm being vague with all these posts.

I know some of you have complained that changes happened because some new ETL came in and started changing things around, but I'm pretty sure that things here have changed because of DTL's and Corporate...this is according to the ETL's and STL.

It's like every change they've done has killed our work efficiency. We're a high volume store and we're starting to turn into the horror stories you guys say about low volume stores like having a single team member for 3 departments or something of the sort. Sure, for corporate it might be more efficient financially, but store management better lower their "guest service" standards.

When I say changes I mean changes on the sales floor, changes in the backroom, changes in guest service, changes EVERYWHERE that make everything more unnecessarily difficult. We're a high volume store and they are sabotaging the processes that had worked before.

The amount of changes increase exponentially per month. I'd say in the past month we've had changes in processes daily and sometimes every other day.

Changes are normal, but without any details I can't really say whether these are the normal changes. My store is also experimenting with all sorts of things, including processes only approved for ULV stores when we're not, so I hope we get a visit soon to sort some of this stuff out.

I feel like everything changes on a daily basis at our target with everything. It's really annoying to be honest. You can't be firm on anything that you once thought was the rule because then they say "Oh, we changed that yesterday. Don't do that." It's a never ending cycle of throwing ideas at the wall and hoping that they stick.

Sounds like an ETL we got last year from a low volume store, came in tried to run our overnight high volume store just like his old one. Yeah after almost a year he disappeared one week and suddenly his best bud from his old store showed up and all his changes were changed back. Tanking sales a few million gets you fired. Well you quit in the middle of the night before you get fired.

We've been going through a lot of process changes in the backroom lately, the only catch is that they are not communicating any of the changes to the people working back there. Ironically, among the things I was getting chewed on for the other day, was lack of communication. Really wanted to tell them that they need to show me how first.....

It's "policy of the day" at our store. Every ETL has their own idea of how Best Practice should be followed. If there's been a visit, things change the next day with no explanation of who the direction came from and whether best practice has been changed or this is a "try it, you'll like it" change. I keep a notebook and write down who told me to change what I'm doing. Sometimes it's a "trickle down" change. Someone tells one person who is told to tell everyone else. I feel like I'm playing Telephone.

So many changes lately. Especially in the pfresh area. Can barely keep up. So much more to do. Not that I mind doing research and stuff but there's so much scheduled to do during the day that it's gonna make truck days hell and doesn't leave a ton of room for flexibility that we sometimes need for our area to thrive.

when i first came in my store 3 years ago on flow we would always get the truck done on time... sometimes we even got told to go home early because we got done so fast... then your TL got fired and our ETL left... so for 2 and a half years we been trying to get back to that.. some horrible days, some not so bad, but we would really never finish on time.. so the stuff would either sit or they would try to get people working the floor to take care of it...

well that all changed in the past month when we finally figured out how to finish on time again lol.. first time in 2 and a half years... its was great... that lasted for two weeks before they decided that were doing TOO good... so "lets f*** them up the a**"

so then they change our store into a "push all" store (where there is no scanning off the truck) and move our shifts 2 hours later lmfao.... so we get mowed down for two weeks, barely getting through half of each truck before they realized that they "must have been on drugs" and swiftly switched it back to normal... that two weeks was the worst thing that could have happened.. killed everyones spirits and made everyone unmotivated... as anyone working on the flow team knows... momentum is important... this killed everything...

so now we are back to normal but back to not completing the trucks on time and everyone quitting left in right... it is absolute chaos in the store right now.... the worst its ever been since i been there.... not to mention that we will be moving to 6am in a couple weeks from our normal 4am shifts... lmfao.. good luck to that... ill be around though... after not getting your job done so many times in a row you finally start to get used to it... unfortunately... but hopefully we'll be able to get out of this hole again soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back