Archived my TL gave me a 'development' project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know a general idea of what the raise from TM to TL would be?

I have been with target a while now and have made wonderful connections with people and gotten to know all the processes, ins and outs, secrects and hiding places of my store.

Even though I know I would be a GREAT TL, I sometimes question if it is worth pursuing because I am unsure if my management team would truely be supportive of the idea or if they just want to blow smoke up my a** , train me to do extra work and not have to include me in any TL meetings, contributions or pay...... anyone in the same boat?

my Tl has been acting as a mentor to me so I can get ready for interviews the next time openings pop up in our store. I have been happy about it because learning new things and getting to know more about our store makes my day speed by.

I more than likely would quit my second job to accommodate a schedule at target. I more than likely would end up losing shift difference since I don’t know what my primary work center would be. I am worried that it would be a pay cut to work this job. It is one reason I have been uninterested in looking into opportunity at target in the past. Another reason I have not entertained the possibility of promotion before has more to do with my personal insecurities and a reluctance to let go of ideas or directions I thought my life would have connected with by now.

Waiting around for some break or opportunity to pick you up out of nowhere is a call for disappointment. I am ready to give in and be a target zombie. I like the idea of knowing I put all my heart into everything I do, no matter how much or little it contributes to the team.

looking for your insights to the pros and cons of moving up in the company.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know a general idea of what the raise from TM to TL would be?

I have been with target a while now and have made wonderful connections with people and gotten to know all the processes, ins and outs, secrects and hiding places of my store.

Even though I know I would be a GREAT TL, I sometimes question if it is worth pursuing because I am unsure if my management team would truely be supportive of the idea or if they just want to blow smoke up my a** , train me to do extra work and not have to include me in any TL meetings, contributions or pay...... anyone in the same boat?

my Tl has been acting as a mentor to me so I can get ready for interviews the next time openings pop up in our store. I have been happy about it because learning new things and getting to know more about our store makes my day speed by.

I more than likely would quit my second job to accommodate a schedule at target. I more than likely would end up losing shift difference since I don’t know what my primary work center would be. I am worried that it would be a pay cut to work this job. It is one reason I have been uninterested in looking into opportunity at target in the past. Another reason I have not entertained the possibility of promotion before has more to do with my personal insecurities and a reluctance to let go of ideas or directions I thought my life would have connected with by now.

Waiting around for some break or opportunity to pick you up out of nowhere is a call for disappointment. I am ready to give in and be a target zombie. I like the idea of knowing I put all my heart into everything I do, no matter how much or little it contributes to the team.

looking for your insights to the pros and cons of moving up in the company.

I know it's tempting, but don't do it. Look for something else. Hold on for awhile and something far better will come along. You'll take the job and then ask why in the hell you took it.

honestly you shouldn't be asking that here.... most of the people here are pre-disposed to dislike target leadership.

if you think you would do well as a TL at YOUR store, go for it.

Take the position, if nothing else it gives you experience and a completely different way of looking at things.

When your higher ups tell you that you have potential to be a TL, take it with a grain of salt.

I've seen so many great team members get all kinds of support thrown behind them, only to have their interview and get turned down.

Its probably more of A than B.
A) More Work, No promotion, No additional pay
B) They'll actually promote you to team lead afterwards.

I'd take it with a grain of salt and not totally dismiss learning new stuff but don't get stuck doing their work for them.

Id do it, I love being a Teamlead. As long as your in a good store with a good leadership team, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back