Archived MyDevice tracking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizl

Beauty TM
Is there an existing way to use the inbuilt GPS to track the MyDevices? My store is shit at keeping track of equipment (which hopefully will change in the near future) and it'd be nice to be able to track down equipment people haven't turned in.

Last edited:
Yes. Look under quipment control on workbench.

I know there's the report that says if it's active/who the last person to sign into it was, is it in there? In a perfect world you could use Google's "find my phone" functionality, which has the map and lets you ring the phone if it's on, but you'd need an account tied to the devices. Which... could be an idea.

I know there's the report that says if it's active/who the last person to sign into it was, is it in there? In a perfect world you could use Google's "find my phone" functionality, which has the map and lets you ring the phone if it's on, but you'd need an account tied to the devices. Which... could be an idea.
This is spot & not happening.

say you log out put the my device back on the charger at night.
in the morning a disgruntled team member grabs 4 my devices without logging in and tosses them into the compactor.
so now they are gone forever.
but you were the last one logged in, so are you responsible for it, no, hell no.

say you log out put the my device back on the charger at night.
in the morning a disgruntled team member grabs 4 my devices without logging in and tosses them into the compactor.
so now they are gone forever.
but you were the last one logged in, so are you responsible for it, no, hell no.
It can still give a starting point. No one would 'fess up to having one of the softlines my devices for two days. They tracked down who had it last and that gave a starting location to look. It was handed to me ice cold and the screen covered with condensation because they found it in a fridge.

It can still give a starting point. No one would 'fess up to having one of the softlines my devices for two days. They tracked down who had it last and that gave a starting location to look. It was handed to me ice cold and the screen covered with condensation because they found it in a fridge.
Or in the cold car overnight.

Some of you may think that GPS is magic sauce, but there is no way in hell these PDAs are getting enough of a GPS signal from within the store to be of ANY use in tracking it. GPS need a lock on to multiple radio signals, Cell phones just need ONE and we all know how much those suck within our stores.

Looking at their last logons to identify who had it last and then cameras to see who walked off with them next is pretty much your only way of locating PDAs.

why you hide it without a battery.
or like I did, take the battery out and charge it, and hide the device behind the back charger on the top shelf so no one can see it but you can reach it. (ours was in a tall solid wood cabinet that is lockable but the lock was gone several years ago.

or like I did, take the battery out and charge it, and hide the device behind the back charger on the top shelf so no one can see it but you can reach it. (ours was in a tall solid wood cabinet that is lockable but the lock was gone several years ago.

No we have to hide them like your life depends on them, cause it does if you don't have one, you don't get one.. I sat for almost two hours begging for a Zebra on my SFS shift and was told "Too bad" by leadership when someone leaves then you can get one.. They paid me to sit in the breakroom cause I couldn't work until I got a device. SFS doesn't leave much you can do without one. I have had one hidden since.

Do these things really cost like $1,000? I asked one of the ETL's why we didn't just order some more and he said they are quite expensive. We're a lower volume store and have maybe 30 total, with 2 or 3 of those missing since not long after we got them. We have an "equipment nazi" that checks the sign out list and runs around the store making sure everyone has what they should. She puts little sticky notes on each Zebra every day saying who it's for.

Do these things really cost like $1,000? I asked one of the ETL's why we didn't just order some more and he said they are quite expensive. We're a lower volume store and have maybe 30 total, with 2 or 3 of those missing since not long after we got them. We have an "equipment nazi" that checks the sign out list and runs around the store making sure everyone has what they should. She puts little sticky notes on each Zebra every day saying who it's for.
I’m sure target gets a discount but yeah they’re pricey

Attachments

• C8F787AD-A04E-482A-8E52-787DC630EED2.jpeg
    C8F787AD-A04E-482A-8E52-787DC630EED2.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 21
I see myHelp was updated so it shows the device number from the equipment report in Device Status now. Too bad my store never assigned the numbers in the equipment report.

The Target app can tell where you are in the store and shows you Cartwheel deals based on that, maybe something like that will come to the myDevices soon

You can call CSC and they can ping it based on the serial number to give you a general location based on the RF (I think thats what they are called) units in the ceiling. After you have a location they can send an audible sound to the device if it still has power. If there's no power you only get the last location it pinged from.

I see myHelp was updated so it shows the device number from the equipment report in Device Status now. Too bad my store never assigned the numbers in the equipment report.
Really?! That’s great! I make sure my report is precise!

If the battery isn't dead, you can call the help desk and they can make it ring for you.

Bosch. That is so amazing I am at a loss for words. Sfs is one of my stores top priorities, wouldn't take much to find a flow tm who can just use an old style gun.

We are imploding leadership is all about playing favorites and if they can get out of the work they will.. Some of the laziest assholes you have ever seen..

I did the same until someone disregarded the notes and just took it. I WAS PISSED! Blatant disregard and disrespect, so I too hide a few for my team just like Bosch. Gotta do what I gotta do to be able to do work for the day. If they (InBound) are just using the zebras to just push freight and backstock then they can use the PDA's. It's like comparing it to a cell phone. If all you are doing is making phone calls and texting then why do you need the fancy bells and whistles. A basic cell phone(PDA) is sufficient for their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back