myPOG - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tmap98 can you edit myPog to give it the option to search for product via name as well instead of just by dpci/upc. Just incase there is someone using it that doesn't have access to a zebra and gets asked by a guest where a product maybe located at?

OK, today I confirmed the issue I was having yesterday.
When I scan a UPC barcode, it will only show one location of the product, when in fact, it has multiple tied locations:
But, all tied locations will appear if I manually imput the DPCI:
Unfortuately, I didn't try manually entering the UPC to see what that did.
Issue fixed. Backend update deployed and active.

For some reason when you send a barcode i was only returning the first location rather than all.

No. Hmm.
Could you try going into your phones settings, then apps, then myPog, permissions and just manually give it the camera permission?

That fixed it. I guess I presumed camera was on by default as there was no permissions upon installing.

So have you had any pushback from Spot regarding this app? Just curious if they know/care.

Push back because a TM had to make an app so TMs can get their work done because HQ are stingy on allocating equipment.

They know.
I also happened to use it as a main piece for my 4 interviews today.
No pushback currently. Prevented potential pushback by disabling on hands.
We don't need onhands. All I need really is location and price. This should work awesome. I have a Huawei Y538. its Android 5.1.1. I will use it tomorrow.

Think I've settled on the final UI for the final version of the app. This will replace both versions currently released.
upload_2018-7-4_1-30-37.png
can you believe Reese's cups have six pictures on target.com?

i should point out the ios version will look different, not hugely but i don't think i can do exactly what i want to

Last edited:
@tmap98 Do you have a sense for how long it takes the app to update after a location is updated? We're in a remodel now, and it seems like some locations update on the app but some take longer (compared to location update time in myWork).

We've always found that the Spot app takes 24hrs to show the new tie, and I'm guessing that uses the same API.

Typically, I think it updates at midnight the day of the change.

myWork will always be correct because the data that myWork has is stored at your store and changeable by anyone with a myDevice. Whereas the data I'm getting is stored at one of the two data centers which I believe only update one a day.

They know.
I also happened to use it as a main piece for my 4 interviews today.
No pushback currently. Prevented potential pushback by disabling on hands.
Honestly, disabling on hands is for the best, anyway. I already know of guests using myPog, and the last thing I need is guests having access to on hands. I have enough problems with the website saying we have shit when we don't, or, more likely, it's in one of the 20 or so unsorted and undone backstock carts in the stockroom I'm not gonna pick through. And it's people like Funko collectors who use myPog, and they need to have as little information as possible. They don't need to know there's two cases on hand, because my store doesn't pull from the stockroom for collectors, and them knowing they're back there is an argument waiting to happen.

Honestly, disabling on hands is for the best, anyway. I already know of guests using myPog, and the last thing I need is guests having access to on hands. I have enough problems with the website saying we have shit when we don't, or, more likely, it's in one of the 20 or so unsorted and undone backstock carts in the stockroom I'm not gonna pick through. And it's people like Funko collectors who use myPog, and they need to have as little information as possible. They don't need to know there's two cases on hand, because my store doesn't pull from the stockroom for collectors, and them knowing they're back there is an argument waiting to happen.
That is precisely the reason I decided to disable that feature. The text like will be removed in the iOS release later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back