myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

Timeclock barcode appears to be expecting 9 digits (should just be 8 for ™ number, no?) and when only 8 are entered, doesn’t generate the correct check digit. Also printer barcode default text only has two characters instead of 4 now.
It seems like the time clock only checks for the "48" and not "480". So in the year 3000 when we reach 9 digits of TM numbers myStore will still work 🤩. And yes it purposely generates the wrong checksum so you cannot use it as a discount on the register. I need to give HQ zero reason for me to take the app down again. I did overlook the default printer number, although you should be able to change it just fine.

It seems like the time clock only checks for the "48" and not "480". So in the year 3000 when we reach 9 digits of TM numbers myStore will still work 🤩. And yes it purposely generates the wrong checksum so you cannot use it as a discount on the register. I need to give HQ zero reason for me to take the app down again. I did overlook the default printer number, although you should be able to change it just fine.
The printer barcode not working for anyone else? It seems to only have 2 digits but allows to change 4 digits however the barcode never changes.

For the barcodes, you think you could create an "add to wallet" function for iOS? I think the android version is "Google Pay" but I am not too familiar with android.
It can make it show up on the lockscreen when you're at the store location via the store list API (if it pulls the address) or have the user input the location. It'll make it quicker for the timeclock barcode and scanning items into a cart or hold location.

The printer barcode not working for anyone else? It seems to only have 2 digits but allows to change 4 digits however the barcode never changes.

For the barcodes, you think you could create an "add to wallet" function for iOS? I think the android version is "Google Pay" but I am not too familiar with android.
It can make it show up on the lockscreen when you're at the store location via the store list API (if it pulls the address) or have the user input the location. It'll make it quicker for the timeclock barcode and scanning items into a cart or hold location.
Yeah I forgot to change the default printer barcode to 4 digits when I changed it to let you specify the printer type. Which is the first two numbers. As long as you type all 4 numbers the barcode should update.

I can't do anything very iOS specific because it's going to require me to own a MacBook sorry :(

Wallet creator is a great free app that lets you do that

Wallet creator is a great free app that lets you do that
Yup, already using one of those wallet creator apps. Being hopeful to help the non tech savvy people.

Yeah I forgot to change the default printer barcode to 4 digits when I changed it to let you specify the printer type. Which is the first two numbers. As long as you type all 4 numbers the barcode should update.

I can't do anything very iOS specific because it's going to require me to own a MacBook sorry :(
Opps my fault. I kept putting three digits instead of four digits. No worries about the wallet pass function.

Would it be possible to add zipcode search to store search? Like type in zip and it shows all stores sorted by distance to that zip

Is there any way you could temporarily bump the screen brightness up when you're on the Timeclock screen? I usually keep my brightness low and sometimes the timeclock has problems picking up the barcode.

Great work btw :)

Ok, so my store got the new clocks today and manual clocking in sucks just as badly as I expected.

Using the Timeclock code - If I enter my TM number it says 8/9 in the bottom right--do I need a leading zero or something? The numbers under the barcode are 480xxxxxxxx4 (where the xs are my TM number).

Ok, so my store got the new clocks today and manual clocking in sucks just as badly as I expected.

Using the Timeclock code - If I enter my TM number it says 8/9 in the bottom right--do I need a leading zero or something? The numbers under the barcode are 480xxxxxxxx4 (where the xs are my TM number).
It’s ok if it says 8/9, I believe the app adds the leading zero for you

@Mikuhl, did you get the spot it job?
I have concluded they probably think I wouldn't be worth the hassle. Not based in Minneapolis, and no college degree. Not sure why the latter matters at all, but we love elitism. Anyways I will continue to work on myStore as it garners its thousands upon thousands of loyal users. I don't mind my job in Electronics anyway, and its nice to hear the opinions and ideas of my app from my coworkers. Its makes me so happy to see people using it in my store even when they don't notice me. 🥰

With a little more research, I am very close to being able to put myDevice features into myStore, like backstocking. But doing so will probably upset Target. So I am conflicted.

I suddenly have access to the developer portal. I looked through the API's and there is not many external API's that are worth adding a TM login every time you open the app. Especially with the risk of my app being removed from the App Store because Apple would require a login.

i often use this app one handed. is there any way to bring the search bar to the bottom UI bar? and maybe a “search” button too.

maybe i need a smaller phone lol

Back