myStore - For the myDeviceless TM

Wait why did that work oops.

To clarify, Target does not have a bug bounty, if they want to know how I did it they can ask me.
I hate to have to say this @Mikuhl, but you may have skated on to very, very thin ice. I once worked with a TM who hacked in to the old PDAs and did just a little mischievous thing. He was gone from Target in 2 days after the event. I hope nothing comes of this for you.

I hate to have to say this @Mikuhl, but you may have skated on to very, very thin ice. I once worked with a TM who hacked in to the old PDAs and did just a little mischievous thing. He was gone from Target in 2 days after the event. I hope nothing comes of this for you.
Target would only fire on ground of information security or taking advantage of inventory like price change. Sending a notification would be a surprise look and be fired if they did it on the clock since it’s loafing.

Problem with the old API is that it doesn't exist. That's why the whole product page just stopped working.

Anyway I just figured it out by simply decompiling the target app. There's an extra parameter called pricing_context, which is either digital, or in_store, setting the pricing_context to in_store forces the store price to be shown!
Hi Mikhul

I am trying to build a Target inventory system for myself, when I add the pricing_context=in_store parameter to the API from Target app search, I still get location_id=3991. I . Could you let me know if I am missing something?

Hi Mikhul

I am trying to build a Target inventory system for myself, when I add the pricing_context=in_store parameter to the API from Target app search, I still get location_id=3991. I . Could you let me know if I am missing something?
Why do not you this app instead ?

Apologies for all the guests using myStore. There has been a +110% increase in users. If your counts are indeed inaccurate, probably if anyone has returned one, cancelled an order, or whatnot, make sure to audit it to correct it.

Would it be possible to add a message on the Home Screen (as there is a lot of white space there) or a little i next to the inventory numbers that just say something along the lines of “Counts may be inaccurate or delayed. Store Team Members have the most up to date information on inventory.”

Would it be possible to add a message on the Home Screen (as there is a lot of white space there) or a little i next to the inventory numbers that just say something along the lines of “Counts may be inaccurate or delayed. Store Team Members have the most up to date information on inventory.”
I would want to set up Firebase so I can change that message at will without an app update. I guess I should really finish my new version, I haven't been working on it because the current version works just fine.

Honestly, maybe you should disable it for the new consoles so that it can’t be used to see on hands for them if possible. I can’t see any good coming from people using it to check ps5/Xbox x inventory.

this may be a good idea
Everyone complains about something and that automatically becomes something people want to change. However, nobody considers the alternative. Nobody thinks about the opposite of the complaint where whats GOOD typically has no discussion. Its like the phrase whats understood needs no explanation.

Here is why inventory sites and apps actually do HELP.

Ive been buying sneakers for a long time and this is no different. All the shoe stores try ways to innovate purchasing highly sought after sneakers however the methods are actually more beneficial to the reseller, now the people that actually want the product. same thing here.

Target wants people who want the console to have the console and would like to help minimize resellers. HOWEVER the best resellers use BOTS. They are preprogrammed to complete purchases as soon as the ADD TO CART button is activated on a site. The bot continuously monitors the url of the product in question. Bots also have the ability to complete captcha's as they have been preprogrammed by the variety of responses.

While someone who really wants the console is in the dark hoping and praying they can land one. The resellers now have the upper hand. The ONLY way to level the playing field is to allow the people who want them the ability to see when they will be available. If nobody knows when an online launch is taking place. The bots will win. There may be a few lucky people who are constantly refreshing the page in hopes they do so when it goes live.

The BEST and ONLY way to limit resellers is....

Allow First Come First Serve (FCFS) in-store purchases while masking the inventory. If the resellers know ahead of time they will camp the store, but if they dont know then they wont camp. This brings us to the element of surprise. Lucky customers walking into a store check to see if its there and boom, they win. This is how I got mine this past weekend at a Walmart. Ive been helping my friend land his since. However unlike the lovely situation I had, he has been given complete hell by Walmart associates at various stores. He could have had his. But instead he was told to come back at 7am. But the RESELLERS had camped all night long from 12am to 7am by the group load to buy them all up.

Secrecy ONLY works for FCFS in person buys.
Knowledge is necessary for fairness in online shopping

New update coming out to change the API for onhands as they have decommissioned the old API I used with a scary "BLOCKED" message.
Now uses "promise" counts, which are less accurate than onhands. For example, the PS5's will probably not show any on hand until they are purchasable.

New update coming out to change the API for onhands as they have decommissioned the old API I used with a scary "BLOCKED" message.
Now uses "promise" counts, which are less accurate than onhands. For example, the PS5's will probably not show any on hand until they are purchasable.
So you think the ability to get actual on hands is gone? Maybe a hidden api you haven’t yet discovered? How does popfindr still work?

So you think the ability to get actual on hands is gone? Maybe a hidden api you haven’t yet discovered? How does popfindr still work?
Possibly still hidden, or some way to remove the "BLOCKED" message. We will have to see if this affects popfindr. At this point I don't mind the on hands being less accurate, many people have been yelling at me and I don't want to be the bad guy. :(

Doing my research I have another back up incase this one also stops working. Although its severely limited to one store.

Last edited:
Possibly still hidden, or some way to remove the "BLOCKED" message. We will have to see if this affects popfindr. At this point I don't mind the on hands being less accurate, many people have been yelling at me and I don't want to be the bad guy. :(
I agree, not necessarily a bad thing while all the console hype is going on. But once things go back to “normal“ hopefully we can get the real OH back. my day search is so bad I frequently just pull out my store to quickly find items and if we have them (especially things like apple watches where there’s multiple varieties).

Back