Archived NCNS / 90 Day Period

Status
Not open for further replies.

slegab21

Self Checkout Junkie
This is my 4th week working at Target as a cashier. I mixed up my schedule and put it in my phone that I had no shift today. It's midnight right now, and I was just going through some papers and realized I was looking at the wrong week when I wrote my schedule in my phone. I was supposed to go in from 10am-6pm. So I was a NCNS.

I have a shift tomorrow, what do I do? Who do I talk to? Will the LOD pull me aside right away? Or HR?

I just feel extremely stupid and now I'm worried my job is at stake. Will I be fired? Or face significant consequences if not? I've had perfect attendance so far - no late arrivals or call outs. And I think I've been performing well. With a decent (and still getting higher) speed score. I understand that this mistake is entirely my fault and I'll own up to that. It just sucks :/

Also, I was reading some threads that mentioned the 90 day period - which I was not informed about at my orientation. Some people said I'm subject to termination because it's still my 90 day period... can anyone clarify?

Any advice for dealing with this situation is appreciated!! Thank you!

I wouldn't stress it. Just talk to your LOD about it and say what you said here. Shouldn't be an issue with no prior situations.

At my store they only tend to crack down on the NCNS when attendance is getting real bad and time to crack down/make an example. Even then, we have new flow hires who NCNS a couple times and then they leave.

Nothing to lose by talking to the LOD or the GSTL and apologizing. Shit happens and if you're a solid worker you'll show it was just a mistake.

Unfortunately there is no definite answer as strictness of attendance policy depends on the store.

I would not worry too much about termination, realistically you will be written up or given a verbal coaching about paying better attention to your schedule.

What bothers leadership the most is excuses and no accountability for it. Touch base with your ETL, they may not be happy about it but they will be grateful you owned up to it as you have done here. Relax it will be okay..

Last edited:
I think it depends on your store and your TL's because my store had a cashier call out every one of their shifts and it took them a month to term them.

It really depends how strict your store is. I did a NCNS when I was under my 90 days and got a write up for it. At the time I was told that 2 NCNS under your 90 days is an automatic termination.

Most likely you'll be written up for it. Be extremely careful going forward and you should be fine. But again, all stores have slightly different rules and standards.

Talk to your leader next shift.
Explain your error, apologize & stress that you'll be extra vigilant so it doesn't happen again.
Then do so.

Thanks everyone! Talked to my leader today and explained the situation. She did say that if I have two NCNS, it would be automatic termination, no questions asked. I will definitely NOT let it happen again though -- experienced enough stress since I realized to last me the full 90 days and then some lol.

I am glad it worked out. If you are under your 90 days at my store and you have a NCNS it's a seek to understand. Second NSNC is an automatic term. You can check your schedule online as well if you are ever unsure what your shifts are.

I am glad it worked out. If you are under your 90 days at my store and you have a NCNS it's a seek to understand. Second NSNC is an automatic term. You can check your schedule online as well if you are ever unsure what your shifts are.

Thank you!! Yeah, since I was still very new they didn't have me set up in the system yet. Wish I had that access then agh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back