Archived Need advice for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to grow as an employee and person and Target is not the place for such things.

I've been with Target for almost 2 years and currently work backroom. I can honestly say I bust my ass every single day. But for what? I'm going to have to do it all over again tomorrow. Now I know my job isn't difficult in the sense that I really don't have to think the entire time I'm working. But there's a ton to do and I put a ton of effort in getting everything done just so I can earn my 8.50 an hour. Reviews are coming up and I'm already bracing myself for another minimal raise but I don't think I can take it. I'm afraid I'm going to snap when I'm told my work is great but I really need to write more vibe cards.

So obviously I should just find a new job. That is where the problem lies. I'm in my early 20s and Target is essentially all of my work experience. I dropped out of school because I could never pick a major. I honestly feel like I'll never get anywhere in life. No references, no degree, minimal experience. What job could I possibly obtain that isn't a retail/fast food place? Are there actually jobs out there where you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck? How do I get one of those jobs?

Sorry the ranting/whining but I feel like I'm working a job I hate just so I can continue to exist on this planet. I want to do more than that but I don't know how to go about it.

Since you are in the back room. You are logistics & know how to solve problems to increase sales for the store. Don't let spot stop you. Graduate while you can. There are several jobs for logistics. Don't give up.

are you interested in staying with target at all with a higher paying job? or do you really just want to get out of there?

OP, I know how you feel. I've been in that same boat for a couple years now. I never finished school, and I'm currently working two jobs. My other job will probably be gone in a matter of time (gotta love the government, right?), and I can't live off a Target wage for the rest of my life (or until they have enough dirt to term me). I've looked into getting back into school, but I have no idea what I want to do...and I don't have thousands to blow.

Dude go back and finish school, with the experience u have working at target and a degree, u'll sure to land a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back