Need Advice

Okay so I went in for an interview today at Target. I had my buddy recommend me before hand for the interview. I went in, waited about 30 min for someone to greet me after speaking with someone from guest services. I’m currently employed at Walmart, so during the interview I explained why I wanted to work at Target (great environment, growth opportunities etc.). I also explained why I wanted to come to Target over Walmart. The interview went very well in my opinion. I explained my experience to them. I have very very similar experience for the job from Walmart. I also mentioned how customer service is an important priority and how I wanted to make sure every customer I interacted with came back to shop at Target again (because that’s important to any business). I also explained how I’m the Chief Marketing Officer for the business that my school is running (which is really good on any resume, so I figured it’d be beneficial to mention). The man I was speaking with seemed interested and said things like “perfect” and “awesome” as I spoke. I also mentioned how I was extremely available throughout the week, except in the beginning of 2020 where I wouldn’t be available on Saturdays for around 2 months or so. Every other day of the week would be fine at that time. The man seemed interested still, and seemed to like me.

Towards the end, I still got the whole “you should receive an email within 1-3 days” thing. I heard that’s not a good sign.

Following the interview, I texted my buddy who recommended me. He said that the manager who did my interview said he liked me and he was going to speak with the HR manager about me.

So, am I screwed because I got the “we’ll email you in 1-3 days” thing? Or is there still hope?

What position did you apply for? Also, with all this experience and being the chief thingamajiggy at your school, why would you think/say such negative things like “I’m screwed 😭”
Also, if you think you’re screwed, you most likely ,definitely ARE screwed.
Edit:-

We've done that before at my store sometimes when we want to get with another leader about it. Say if I do a style interview, but think the person might be better as a cashier, etc. Or even if the availability isn't necessarily gonna work for business needs. If we really like someone and can make it work or not. Etc.

We've done that before at my store sometimes when we want to get with another leader about it. Say if I do a style interview, but think the person might be better as a cashier, etc. Or even if the availability isn't necessarily gonna work for business needs. If we really like someone and can make it work or not. Etc.
I applied for electronics, but they talked about how they needed people for GM. I said that I was willing to work that position and that’s pretty much what I was interviewed for after that. Maybe they had to talk to another leader about that before they hired me for something I didn’t technically apply for?

What position did you apply for? Also, with all this experience and being the chief thingamajiggy at your school, why would you think/say such negative things like “I’m screwed 😭”
Also, if you think you’re screwed, you most likely ,definitely ARE screwed.
Edit:-
View attachment 9198
I meant “screwed” as if I’m pretty much not hired. Also, I was just wondering because I heard it was a red flag if you weren’t hired on the spot. Just curious, that’s all.

It took them like a month to hire me. I interviewed and accepted at another retailer, and was training there when they called to even interview.

I'm even a re-hire. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Every store is different, but at my store, not being available on Saturdays would probably be a deal breaker and they most likely would not hire you. Maybe you should reapply when you can work weekends. You sound like someone I’d like on my FOS team. Good luck to you!

Back