Archived Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the Starbucks TL for a very high volume store. We're in the top 3 in terms of volume and sales in the entire company so I have to manage this entire department and make sure we are always in stock, staffed, trained properly, have monthly visits with my Starbucks DM as well as always being steritech ready. Two months ago Starbucks had a major delivery issue for most licensed stores in the west coast so we didn't receive our orders for two months. With that said, they sent me all of my missed orders about a month ago so I had literally almost 20 pallets of supplies in the backroom. My STL and ETL have been more than adamant that they want it cleared and while I have it down to 4 pallets now, I have so much product that I don't have enough space to place my back stock. The issue is that I have zero support from them and all I get is heat from them. I have been fighting for more space, battling some ETLs because they continue to barrade my team about it when we have our hands tied. My ETL doesn't help defend me or explain why this happened and why I received so many pallets. Ironically I have two ETLs that are helping me and one of them who I self report to as if she were my ETL. She's basically taken it upon herself to step in and support me. I partnered with my ETL-Log and she is giving me more space. My question is, what do I do to get my STL off my back and off of my team? I've only been in role as a TL for about 3 months. I really need help.

Unfortunately, this looks like a situation where you'll have to ride it out and try to get through those pallets, 20 pallets of supplies is unreal, or at least sounds it..

Since you have some support from the ETL-LOG and the other ETL, you arent completely alone. Just remember that Rome was not built in a day, you may need to remind your STL that.

It sucks that this happened, but unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do, other than keeping low orders for other things you may run out of.

Call around to your sister stores & see if they need some of the product you have the highest counts on.
Let them know you need to clear space & they'll have to come for it; I wouldn't even note it in the borrow book (if they even have that any more).
Tons of cups? Open a box & stock the break room.
Also check your expry dates & pitch as soon as they come up.
Are your pallets up in the steel or down?

Call around to your sister stores & see if they need some of the product you have the highest counts on.
Let them know you need to clear space & they'll have to come for it; I wouldn't even note it in the borrow book (if they even have that any more).
Tons of cups? Open a box & stock the break room.
Also check your expry dates & pitch as soon as they come up.
Are your pallets up in the steel or down?
I actually did that. I sent a group email to all my closest stores letting them know that they can contact me for supplies since I have excess amounts of supplies. One has take advantage. My pallets are not on the steels but my ETL-LOG has opened up space to place any wrapped pallets on there for the mean time. I have it down to three pallets now but I still need space.

*Takes it but realizes he wanted it iced* hahaha jk Red! Thanks :)

Not a sbux tm, but can you force a sale on drinks? Clear out a certain size cup, flavor of syrup or whatever? Or get permission to offer $1 off the size, flavor, etc?

Not a sbux tm, but can you force a sale on drinks? Clear out a certain size cup, flavor of syrup or whatever? Or get permission to offer $1 off the size, flavor, etc?
I don't know. That's a good idea. I'll shoot that idea to my ETL-GE and see what she thinks.

In addition to S-minion's idea, take the syrup you have most of & do a crap-ton of samples.
Make up trays & have a cashier or SB/FATM take them around the checklanes; take some to huddles.
Do them every time you have a lull.
Whole lotta short cups? Too much cinnamon dolce? Know of a team that's been busting their a$$es that day?
Make several pitchers of CD frappucinos & pour 'em in shorts with whip & CD topping; take them to the hardest working team as a recognition.

In addition to S-minion's idea, take the syrup you have most of & do a crap-ton of samples.
Make up trays & have a cashier or SB/FATM take them around the checklanes; take some to huddles.
Do them every time you have a lull.
Whole lotta short cups? Too much cinnamon dolce? Know of a team that's been busting their a$$es that day?
Make several pitchers of CD frappucinos & pour 'em in shorts with whip & CD topping; take them to the hardest working team as a recognition.
Take them to the backroom! They will be surprised and grateful.

So I decided to put my extra syrups in an endcap in the check lanes and my floor baskets. Hopefully I can get rid of my excess syrups lol

Well done, Coqui.
Add enough to make it a focal with a few tumblers & accessories ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back