Need to buy a laptop

Does Target offer a program to buy a laptop (not a Chromebook)? Target does sell laptops but they are sold by a third party (antonline?) on our website so our discount doesn't apply apparently. Thanks.

Online classwork is a whole lot easier on a laptop than a phone I would imagine. And anything heavily graphic would require more power

Does Target offer a program to buy a laptop (not a Chromebook)? Target does sell laptops but they are sold by a third party (antonline?) on our website so our discount doesn't apply apparently. Thanks.
No program or accommodation that I've ever run into, that's something reserved for more specialized retailers.

If you want a decent laptop that you can apply your discount to, I have a few recommendations:

The HP 15-db0031nr
It's not super powerful or fast, but if you're only using it for writing papers, internet browsing, or similar stuff, it does the trick. Also has markedly more storage than most options in its price range. Also a big screen for the price.

The Acer SP-111-33-P88S
Again, not super powerful, but this one is a slim option that's about the same speed/power as the HP. Just like the last one, it'll do the trick for school work or internet browsing, and it has windows installed.

If you want something nicer you can use your discount on, there are two HP gaming laptops sold by Target that start at $979.

Now, if you want something cheaper than the last option but with a bit more power than the first two, I honestly can't recommend even bothering with Target. If you have a local best buy, call and see what they have for open box laptops. A lot of the time they're in good condition and have everything in the box, but they're marked down by anywhere from 10-50% from full price.
If you don't have a store near you, they also sell refurbished and open box laptops on their website that can be a really good deal.

I'd recommend a vintage SPARCbook running Arch Linux, but they're rather rare and pricey these days so you'll probably have to steal it

I checked out my employers‘ perks portal dealio once after I got hired and lolled at the MacBooks “for eduction“ still being 2000 bucks with a ”discount”….imagine paying used car money for a thermal throttling waffle iron with WiFi…yeah ”education” my ass…”I like my computer like I like my tuition…MARKED TF UP”

Back in year of our lord 2007 I pissed off my instructor for zoning out of his boring ass presentation and dicking around online configuring Sun Microsystems and Dell enterprise UltraSPARC/Xeon/Opteron workstations and notebooks with 256GB of RAM and several 12 or 16GB Nvidia Quadro graphics cards and suchlike…he looked over my shoulder and got mad and asked wtf I was doing window shopping $280,000 computers in class. Then the Um Akshually neckbeards got mad having missed the glaring and obvious irony of my plan to literally buy them and literally use them for nothing but gaming. Over a decade later and that’s literally still the plan, I just gotta find an investor willing to fund my dream shitposting rig running multiple OS instances in RAMdisks 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

They covered my school bill and even application fee. You have to buy your own laptop. Should have let me know sooner I just got rid of a MacBook Pro. I got a new one. Use your student ID for student discounts. Feels weird going back to school. Been a decade…. Western Illinois University CIS some college

Firstly, I need to know how much money are you willing to spend on a new laptop? Secondly, tell me, what are the characteristics of a laptop that are most important to you? I can recommend you a Hp, Dell, or Lenovo laptop. They have an average price and a good operating system. I prefer the Ios operating system.
You gonna get the Spliff today 💸💸.

Last edited:
Acer Aspire 3. Fast enough, nice screen good resolution sound is pretty good. No gaming. The Captain doesn't play games, I look at FB pics high school classmates post of their grand kids birthday cakes. Thrill a minute, living on the edge.

Back