Archived Neiman marcus at target

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was reading the Target Facebook page and apparently around December 1, we are going to sell (temporarily, like other designers) the Neiman Marcus design brand. What are your thoughts on this?

Should work just as well as the Shops at Target.

Actually, I'm gonna disagree with you on this one (much as I wish I could agree). This is only one or two items per designer (so, limited supply) and they're actually well-known and/or have done well at Target before (Jason Wu, Oscar de la Renta, etc.) (so, high demand). It's also in the holiday season rather than the middle of the year when wallets tighten up, and the Neiman Marcus catalog is always tremendously successful. Plus, the email we got today made it seem like NM was taking the reins on this project, and I'd trust their ability to deliver limited-edition items that will actually sell, based on that great track record, much more than I'd trust our own merchandise buyers (who tend to swing and miss about 9 times out of 10 recently).

Anyone know if this stuff is street dated for a Sunday release like the Shops at Target? I got conned into setting the Shops at Target. All the while thinking this stuff isn't going to sell. I hope ptl is right about this NM.

Last edited:
Or it could be Missoni all over again. I think its going to be hugely successful, especially considering it sets December 1st.

At least they've got sense enough not to set it for Black Friday!

Anyone know if this stuff is street dated for a Sunday release like the Shops at Target? I got conned into setting the Shops at Target. All the while thinking this stuff isn't going to sell. I hope ptl is right about this NM.

There's an article on workbench about this. It will come out on a Saturday.

The Shops at Target was a bad idea, and, in my opinion, was badly advertised. It didn't sell at my store. Most of it went clearance.

Neiman Marcus will do great, just like Missoni did...it has the name recognition people want, and it'll be sold at a reasonable price. More than what similar items normally cost at Target, but it will be name brand chic at a price your average Jane can afford. It'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back