Answered Net pay higher than gross pay?

Somehow my net pay is higher than my gross pay. Pre tax deductions were taken out but under post tax deductions the medical plan and eyewear plan both show amounts in (***.**) Does that mean it's a credit and if not what could be going on?

Somehow my net pay is higher than my gross pay. Pre tax deductions were taken out but under post tax deductions the medical plan and eyewear plan both show amounts in (***.**) Does that mean it's a credit and if not what could be going on?

That is a negative deduction, which would be a credit.

Is the amount the same as your normal healthcare deduction but instead being credited? If so probably a glitch.

If the amount is different, look at your previous paystubs and see if you were being overcharged.

All that being said, unless your check is very small, I don't understand how your net pay (after all taxes and deductions) would be higher than gross, it would have to be a huge credit to offset that.

Definitely talk to HR/Pay & benefits. If it was was a glitch, they will take the money back from you at some point, so you want to be prepared for that. If they credited you because they took too much out earlier, that would also be good to know.

Back