Archived networking advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively new softlines TL here looking for some advice on a project I'm looking to start, figured I should start here:

I found out that stores can transfer softlines merchandise between stores at no loss (sending store gets paid out for the units transferring out), to profit at the receiving store, where it will actually sell. I'm looking to set up a network, starting out with my own district/region; but also, looking to expand it to anyone else interested in communicating what kind of transfers would be beneficial for each store (anyone from here?). I feel like this could address a lot of problems around size integrity and style integrity, especially for stores with very specific shopper audience.

If anyone has an existing system I could take ideas from, or any advice on how I could start this up, please post!

TL;DR: need help setting up store-to-store communication for softlines merchandise transfers based on store needs.

I don't think you can transfer merchandise to stores that aren't served by the same DC.

And your expectations of how softlines is run at other stores might be very different from the reality. At my store, they have a hard enough time just working the freight and getting adjacencies set on time. They would have to actually work out what's in the back instead of just letting it hang back there until it goes clearance.

I think it sounds better than it would work and would be a lot of time spent for very marginal gains. If corporate could target your store's demographic in the initial shipment of the product, it would be much more efficient and they have access to a lot more data that could be used to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back